First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Mechanize - save to XML or CSV
HI guys and gals this is probably a simple question but I can't find the answer directly in the docs for python mechanize. http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mechanize/ Is it possible to retrieve and save a web page data as xml or a csv file? ... 2 Aug 2010 10:18
run subprocesses in parallel
Hello, I want to run several subprocesses. Like so: p1 = Popen("mycmd1" + " myarg", shell=True) p2 = Popen("mycmd2" + " myarg", shell=True) .... pn = Popen("mycmdn" + " myarg", shell=True) What would be the most elegant and secure way to run all n subprocesses in parallel? Santiago ... 2 Aug 2010 13:38
sending a file chunk by chunk instead as a whole to a web server
Hi, I have a web client which send a file to a server as multipart form data, the sending of data is from http://code.activestate.com/recipes/146306-http-client-to-post-using-multipartform-data/. I dont want to open the whole file to memory(at cliend end) and then send, i just want to send part by part, say chun... 3 Aug 2010 02:44
Merging two dictionaries
Anyone, I have the two dictionaries below. How can I merge them, such that: 1. The cluster dictionary contains the additional elements from the default dictionary. 2. Nothing is removed from the cluster dictionary. The idea here is that the two dictionaries are read from different files where, if the value ... 2 Aug 2010 13:38
How to catch windows shutdown/reboot message
I'm writing a python script which runs as a windowsxp service. The problem is how to catch the windows shutdown/reboot message and do some cleaning job when system is going down? The atexit module and signal module on windows dont seems to work. I guess the python win32api may be of help, but I am not familiar wi... 2 Aug 2010 09:13
timeit function
Currently, I have a bash shell script which does timing for me. For example, if I have a Unix Command I typically run time against it for 10 times and then get an average. It works fine but I have to write a post processing script to get the time and then do a graph on matplotlib. I was wondering if the timeit... 1 Aug 2010 21:22
how best to clear objects from a frame
Here is the situation: I have a window with a bunch of widgets in it. I want to clear the objects in a given frame and recreate them to update them. The example below destroys the top level frame, and so I can't recreate the widgets. I am likely doing this wrong. should I be doing this in a class? Thank... 2 Aug 2010 18:03
Why is python not written in C++ ?
Python is an object oriented langage (OOL). The Python main implementation is written in pure and "old" C90. Is it for historical reasons? C is not an OOL and C++ strongly is. I wonder if it wouldn't be more suitable to implement an OOL with another one. Has it ever been planned to rewrite in C++ the histor... 12 Aug 2010 03:52
beginner python GUI question
I hope I can explain this correctly. I have a GUI, which is already being processed by a mainloop. I want to be able to open a second window so the user can interact with specific information in the second window. I pulled together this code example from Tkinter import * class Net: def __init__(self,tkWin)... 2 Aug 2010 09:13
exception handling with sqlite db errors
I am using SQLite with Python 2.5 for an app and every now and then get an error when trying to write to the database. So far I haven't been careful about noting these down, but now I would like to address them. The two errors I've noticed are: 1) "database is locked" errors (probably due to write conflicts whe... 1 Aug 2010 17:00