First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184
Clustering and automated configuration & deployment toolkit with Python
I'd like to write an open source clustering (for computation and general use) and automation of configuration/deployment in Python. It's main purpose is to be used in academic environments. It would be something like running numpy/simpy code (and other custom python code) on a set of machines in a distributed fashi... 13 Mar 2010 18:40
wx error, I suspect my class
Hello all, I am trying to make a gui out of xrc and wxpython, but I think my understanding of Python's class/method structure is causing problems. The below code returns an error on the line panel=xrc.XRCCTRL(mf, "dl") The error goes back to wxPython itself and says "attribute error: 'none' type object has no a... 13 Mar 2010 11:56
Use python and Jython together? (newbie)
Karjer Jdfjdf wrote: I'm pretty new at programming and want some advice on mixing Jython and Python. I want to use Jython to access some Java libraries, but I want to keep developing in normal Python. Some modules I use a lot are not available in Jython. The bulk of my programming is in Python but I wa... 13 Mar 2010 18:40
building a dict
Say that "m" is a tuple of 2-tuples m=(('as',3), ('ab',5), (None, 1), ('as',None), ('as',6)) and I need to build a "d" dict where each key has an associated list whose first element is the count, and the second is the sum. If a 2- tuple contains a None value, it should be discarded. The expected result is: ... 14 Mar 2010 09:47
StringChain -- a data structure for managing large sequencesof chunks of bytes
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 13:40:23 +0000, MRAB wrote: To be taken seriously, I think you need to compare stringchain to the list idiom. If your benchmarks favourably compare to that, then it might be worthwhile. IIRC, someone did some work on making concatenation faster by delaying it until a certain... 27 Mar 2010 16:31
question regarding wxSlider
Hi all, I have a question regarding wxSlider. I'm developing a wxwidget python interface for a robotic hand. The sliders send the target values to the joints. I'd like to display the current position of the joint on the slider. I wanted to use wxSlider.SetTick(myposition) but I couldn't get SetTick to display... 12 Mar 2010 15:02
python module/utility equivalent to 'time' (linux) and/or 'ntimer'(Windows)
Hi, Is there any python module/utility available which would report the time same as 'time' command in linux and/or report time same as 'ntimer' utility in Windows. Thank you. ... 12 Mar 2010 09:24
StringChain -- a data structure for managing large sequencesof chunks of bytes
Steven D'Aprano wrote: On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 00:11:37 -0700, Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote: Folks: Every couple of years I run into a problem where some Python code that worked well at small scales starts burning up my CPU at larger scales, and the underlying issue turns out to be the idiom of accu... 12 Mar 2010 09:24
StringChain -- a data structure for managing large sequences of chunks of bytes
"Zooko O'Whielacronx" <zookog(a)gmail.com> writes: Every couple of years I run into a problem where some Python code that worked well at small scales starts burning up my CPU at larger scales, and the underlying issue turns out to be the idiom of accumulating data by string concatenation. I usually use St... 12 Mar 2010 02:50
StringChain -- a data structure for managing large sequences of chunks of bytes
Folks: Every couple of years I run into a problem where some Python code that worked well at small scales starts burning up my CPU at larger scales, and the underlying issue turns out to be the idiom of accumulating data by string concatenation. It just happened again (http://foolscap.lothar.com/trac/ticket/149 ... 23 Mar 2010 05:37