From: gordito995 on
In retrospect, I guess I do not fully understand the instructions. Here is
my current .qif file that I would like to import into Quicken. These are
what my Credit Union provided for on-line bill pay transactions. I have been
using this type of transactions for years in Microsoft Money. They could
also supply comma delimited transaction files:

!Type:Bank
D03/16/2010
T-38.40
NE-PMT
PAARP MedicareRx Plan - Preferred
^
D03/12/2010
T-146.23
NE-PMT
PAmerican Express
^
Could I prevail upon you to show me what the modified file should look like?

Also, do I keep the .qif file extension?

Thank You and Best Regards,

From: Art McClinton on
I edit the qif file using Notepad.

Add the following 4 lines to the beginning of the file:
!Account
NMy Quicken Account Name
TBank
^

Change "My Quicken Account Name" to be EXACTLY the name of the account
within Quicken.

Within Quicken you will import the file as a QIF file. It will then place
the file into the account you have listed.

From: gordito995 on
OK, got that. Should I leave the !Type:Bank statement just where it is?

Thanks,

Gordon

From: Art McClinton on
yes the remainder of the file remains the same.
> OK, got that. Should I leave the !Type:Bank statement just where it is?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gordon
>

> "Art McClinton" <Art.McClinton(a)cox.net> wrote in message
>> I edit the qif file using Notepad.
>>
>> Add the following 4 lines to the beginning of the file:
>> !Account
>> NMy Quicken Account Name
>> TBank
>> ^
>>
>> Change "My Quicken Account Name" to be EXACTLY the name of the account
>> within Quicken.
>>
>> Within Quicken you will import the file as a QIF file. It will then
>> place the file into the account you have listed.
>>

>> "gordito995(a)teranews.com" <none(a)phony.net> wrote in message
>>> In retrospect, I guess I do not fully understand the instructions. Here
>>> is my current .qif file that I would like to import into Quicken. These
>>> are what my Credit Union provided for on-line bill pay transactions. I
>>> have been using this type of transactions for years in Microsoft Money.
>>> They could also supply comma delimited transaction files:
>>>
>>> !Type:Bank
>>> D03/16/2010
>>> T-38.40
>>> NE-PMT