From: Bob Vance on

> Since you're using a different function and a different query from what I
> suggested I really cannot comment. Do you have a function named
> ConcatRelated
> in a Module? If you type Ctrl-G and type
>
> ?ConcatRelated("OwnerID","tblHorseDetails","HorseID = 333")
>
> using a valid HorseID in the Immediate window, do you get the names you
> expect?
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]

John Now Im getting
Compile Error
Sub or Function not defined
Regards Bob

From: Bob Vance on

> Since you're using a different function and a different query from what I
> suggested I really cannot comment. Do you have a function named
> ConcatRelated
> in a Module? If you type Ctrl-G and type
>
> ?ConcatRelated("OwnerID","tblHorseDetails","HorseID = 333")
>
> using a valid HorseID in the Immediate window, do you get the names you
> expect?
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]

Yes John ConcatRelated is giving me the correct OwnerID Number
?ConcatRelated("OwnerID","tblHorseDetails","HorseID = 75")
36, 27
So what i need is a way off showing the Owners (OwnerLastName) with that ID
number in a query!
Regards Bob

From: John W. Vinson on
On Sun, 2 May 2010 17:37:18 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Thanks John It is showing My Horses and Owners but it is not putting my
>owners on the same line , I am getting multiple records for my same Horse
>with different Owners.........Regards Bob I have fConcatChild in a Module
>[basConatChild]

Please post the query SQL.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: John W. Vinson on
On Sun, 2 May 2010 18:07:20 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>> Since you're using a different function and a different query from what I
>> suggested I really cannot comment. Do you have a function named
>> ConcatRelated
>> in a Module? If you type Ctrl-G and type
>>
>> ?ConcatRelated("OwnerID","tblHorseDetails","HorseID = 333")
>>
>> using a valid HorseID in the Immediate window, do you get the names you
>> expect?
>> --
>>
>> John W. Vinson [MVP]
>
>John Now Im getting
>Compile Error
>Sub or Function not defined
>Regards Bob

It would help quite a lot if a) you would actually read and apply my
suggestions and b) post a readable description of what you have done.

I never suggested using ConcatRelated.

Good luck, but you're making it very difficult to be helpful.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Bob Vance on

"John W. Vinson" <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 2 May 2010 17:37:18 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>Thanks John It is showing My Horses and Owners but it is not putting my
>>owners on the same line , I am getting multiple records for my same Horse
>>with different Owners.........Regards Bob I have fConcatChild in a Module
>>[basConatChild]
>
> Please post the query SQL.
>
> --
>
> John W. Vinson [MVP]

Thanks John I am using fConcatChild, and I am getting 3 records for one
HorseID if he has 3 OwnerID's
Regards Bob
My Query
SELECT tblHorseDetails.HorseID, tblHorseDetails.OwnerID,
funGetHorse(0,tblHorseInfo.HorseID,False) AS Name,
tblOwnerInfo.OwnerLastName
FROM (tblHorseDetails INNER JOIN tblHorseInfo ON tblHorseDetails.HorseID =
tblHorseInfo.HorseID) INNER JOIN tblOwnerInfo ON tblHorseDetails.OwnerID =
tblOwnerInfo.OwnerID;