From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 3 May 2010 11:11:35 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>"John W. Vinson" <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 2 May 2010 17:37:18 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks John It is showing My Horses and Owners but it is not putting my
>>>owners on the same line , I am getting multiple records for my same Horse
>>>with different Owners.........Regards Bob I have fConcatChild in a Module
>>>[basConatChild]
>>
>> Please post the query SQL.
>>
>> --
>>
>> John W. Vinson [MVP]
>
>Thanks John I am using fConcatChild, and I am getting 3 records for one
>HorseID if he has 3 OwnerID's
>Regards Bob
>My Query
>SELECT tblHorseDetails.HorseID, tblHorseDetails.OwnerID,
>funGetHorse(0,tblHorseInfo.HorseID,False) AS Name,
>tblOwnerInfo.OwnerLastName
>FROM (tblHorseDetails INNER JOIN tblHorseInfo ON tblHorseDetails.HorseID =
>tblHorseInfo.HorseID) INNER JOIN tblOwnerInfo ON tblHorseDetails.OwnerID =
>tblOwnerInfo.OwnerID;

That's because a) you're not using fConcatChild in your query and b) you're
including tblOwnerInfo in the query.

Try using the query I suggested:

SELECT tblHorseDetails.HorseID, tblHorseDetails.OwnerID,
funGetHorse(0,tblHorseInfo.HorseID,False) AS Name,
fConcatChild("tblOwnerInfo", "OwnerID", "OwnerLastName", "Long",
tblHorseDetails.OwnerID)
FROM tblHorseDetails INNER JOIN tblHorseInfo ON tblHorseDetails.HorseID =
tblHorseInfo.HorseID;

Note that this does NOT join the OwnerInfo table (which you don't want,
because you don't want to see every owner record) and it DOES actually *call*
the fConcatChild function (which does you no good if you have it but don't use
it).

I'm not sure I understand the tblHorseDetails.OwnerID though. I may have to
google back through this thread (or these threads) and figure out your table
relationships, and don't have time to do so today or tomorrow.
--

John W. Vinson JVinson *at* Wysard Of Info *dot* com
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Bob Vance on
Thanks John, Used your code and same result record for each OwnerID in A
HorseID

tblHorseDetails 3 Fields
HorseID - Horses ID
OwnerID - Owners ID
Percenatage - % amount owmned in Horse

tblHorseDetails Many Fields (No Owner/s ID contected with the horse here)
HorseName
Sire
Dam
DateOf Birth
Colour
Brand
.....And So On!

From: Bob Vance on

"Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Thanks John, Used your code and same result record for each OwnerID in A
> HorseID
>
> tblHorseDetails 3 Fields
> HorseID - Horses ID
> OwnerID - Owners ID
> Percenatage - % amount owmned in Horse
>
> tblHorseDetails Many Fields (No Owner/s ID contected with the horse here)
> HorseName
> Sire
> Dam
> DateOf Birth
> Colour
> Brand
> ....And So On!

TblHorseDetails
HorseID OwnerID Percentage
1 6 50%
1 8 50%
2 3 33.3%
2 7 33.3%
2 8 33.3%

Regards Bob

From: Bob Vance on

***OOPS bottom table should read tblHorseInfo not tblHorseDetails****

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 3 May 2010 12:28:01 +1200, "Bob Vance" <rjvance(a)ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Thanks John, Used your code and same result record for each OwnerID in A
>HorseID
>
>tblHorseDetails 3 Fields
>HorseID - Horses ID
>OwnerID - Owners ID
>Percenatage - % amount owmned in Horse
>
>tblHorseDetails Many Fields (No Owner/s ID contected with the horse here)
>HorseName
>Sire
>Dam
>DateOf Birth
>Colour
>Brand

ok... you'll need to create a query qryOwnerName joining HorseDetails to
OwnerData, including the HorseID, OwnerID and the OwnerName that you want to
concatenate. I haven't tested it but try

SELECT tblHorseInfo.HorseID,
funGetHorse(0,tblHorseInfo.HorseID,False) AS Name,
fConcatChild("qryOwnerName", "HorseID", "OwnerLastName", "Long",
tblHorseInfo.HorseID)
FROM tblHorseInfo;
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]