From: jw on
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:43:33 -0700, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed(a)ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> 3) Turn OFF the

Turn OFF the what? It got clipped somehow.

Duke
From: jw on
On 15 Mar 2010 14:31:36 GMT, Stan Bischof
<stan(a)newserve.worldbadminton.com> wrote:

>What happens is that Eudora will download the specified amount- then
>flag the message as incomplete. Quite nice actually. You can
>then look at the message header and whatnot and choose if you
>want to download the rest.
>
>10k seems about right for me as almost no malware is smaller than that,
>but you are of course free to adjust the size as needed in your case.
>
>Stan

I tried setting it to 10k, and got two emails that exceeded that
amount. I got this message from Eudora when , even after I changed
the option back to any size allowed, I saw no icon to click on so I
tried to download the email again.

WARNING: The remainder of this message has not been transferred.
The estimated size of this message is 521814 bytes.
Click on the Retrieve From Server icon above and check mail again to
get the whole thing. (If you're reading this in the preview pane,
you'll need to open the message to see the icon.) If the Retrieve
From Server icon is not showing, then this message is no longer on the
server.
From: Ajo Wissink on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:56:37 -0400, jw(a)eldorado.com wrote:

>On 15 Mar 2010 14:31:36 GMT, Stan Bischof
><stan(a)newserve.worldbadminton.com> wrote:
>
>>What happens is that Eudora will download the specified amount- then
>>flag the message as incomplete. Quite nice actually. You can
>>then look at the message header and whatnot and choose if you
>>want to download the rest.
>>
>>10k seems about right for me as almost no malware is smaller than that,
>>but you are of course free to adjust the size as needed in your case.
>>
>>Stan
>

>I tried setting it to 10k, and got two emails that exceeded that
>amount. I got this message from Eudora when , even after I changed
>the option back to any size allowed, I saw no icon to click on so I
>tried to download the email again.
>
>WARNING: The remainder of this message has not been transferred.
>The estimated size of this message is 521814 bytes.
>Click on the Retrieve From Server icon above and check mail again to
>get the whole thing. (If you're reading this in the preview pane,
>you'll need to open the message to see the icon.) If the Retrieve
>From Server icon is not showing, then this message is no longer on the
>server.

Some Options changes require that you close and reopen Eudora before
they work.
From: jw on

>Some Options changes require that you close and reopen Eudora before
>they work.

I tried that. It appears that the email is no longer on my server. No
idea why not, since I used the Eudora option to hold emails on server
for 60 days.

Maybe my problem relates to the fact that I don't have the icon to
click on that the error message states should be there?

Duke
From: Ajo Wissink on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:18:09 -0400, jw(a)eldorado.com wrote:

>>Some Options changes require that you close and reopen Eudora before
>>they work.
>

>I tried that. It appears that the email is no longer on my server. No
>idea why not, since I used the Eudora option to hold emails on server
>for 60 days.
>
>Maybe my problem relates to the fact that I don't have the icon to
>click on that the error message states should be there?
>
>Duke

Do you still have the message that included that announcement at the
bottom? I mean this one:

"WARNING: The remainder of this message has not been transferred.
The estimated size of this message is 521814 bytes.
Click on the Retrieve From Server icon above and check mail again to
get the whole thing. (If you're reading this in the preview pane,
you'll need to open the message to see the icon.) If the Retrieve
From Server icon is not showing, then this message is no longer on the
server"

That is not an error message, but it is Eudora's way of letting you
know that a message is on the server that got only partially
downloaded because of the size restriction you had set in the Options.

Find that message in the message summary and right-click on it, then
select "Change Server Status", then click on "Fetch".

BTW, were you looking at the message in the preview window or in the
open window? As the message said, the "Retrieve from server" icon
doesn't show in the preview pane.