From: jw on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:14:12 -0300, Ajo Wissink
<ajo(a)notrealaddress.invalid> wrote:

>That is not an error message, but it is Eudora's way of letting you
>know that a message is on the server that got only partially
>downloaded because of the size restriction you had set in the Options.
>
>Find that message in the message summary and right-click on it, then
>select "Change Server Status", then click on "Fetch".
>
>BTW, were you looking at the message in the preview window or in the
>open window? As the message said, the "Retrieve from server" icon
>doesn't show in the preview pane.

OK- I got it to work. I had to 'check for new mail' after clicking on
'fetch'. Then the email downloaded complete.

Thanks

Duke
From: John H Meyers on
On 3/16/2010 12:43 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> Do not enable "use M$ view" in the options; the M$ viewer uses
> the Internet Explorer rendering engine -- and all its dangers.

It uses a DLL, with additional protections
(some of the options are in Eudora settings).

Most people probably have no idea how many other applications
also use that same HTML renderer, without even telling you;
it is, after all, immensely cheaper to use the engine
which already comes free with Windows,
than to devote a staff to developing and maintaining
an independent web browser, along with every other product.

The various versions of IE also have different updates to that DLL;
does everyone keep their Windows system fully updated?

Don't forget to update your Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player,
Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome, "Brand X Toolbars,"
and every other piece of software we well,
since they also get frequent "critical" security updates.

From: jw on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 21:02:33 -0500, John H Meyers
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On 3/16/2010 12:43 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:
>
>> Do not enable "use M$ view" in the options; the M$ viewer uses
>> the Internet Explorer rendering engine -- and all its dangers.
>
>It uses a DLL, with additional protections
>(some of the options are in Eudora settings).
>
>Most people probably have no idea how many other applications
>also use that same HTML renderer, without even telling you;
>it is, after all, immensely cheaper to use the engine
>which already comes free with Windows,
>than to devote a staff to developing and maintaining
>an independent web browser, along with every other product.
>
>The various versions of IE also have different updates to that DLL;
>does everyone keep their Windows system fully updated?
>
>Don't forget to update your Adobe Reader, Adobe Flash Player,
>Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome, "Brand X Toolbars,"
>and every other piece of software we well,
>since they also get frequent "critical" security updates.

Okay guys

Thanks

Duke