From: Viken Cerpovna on
"Kevin Provance" <k(a)p.c> wrote in message
> Once, long ago, I had a popular VB app that used DAO, and the runtime DLL
> Hell used to keep me in support hell. This was back in the 9x days when
> system folders were in their infancy. I used to keep the DAO runtime in
> my
> apps folder with a .local file to force load that version, instead of
> looking elsewhere on the system. That was DAO350.DLL which was an AX DLL,
> or a hybrid DLL which had both AX and stdcalls.

I doubt that this worked in Win95 since DLL redirection was not supported
for COM until Windows 2000.

Viken

From: Tony Toews on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 17:50:23 -0400, "Kevin Provance" <k(a)p.c> wrote:

>: The four DLLs I care about are all AFAIK ordinary DLLs. That said
>: they're distributed by MS as part of Access or the OS so who really
>: knows. <smile>
>:
>
>Once, long ago, I had a popular VB app that used DAO, and the runtime DLL
>Hell used to keep me in support hell. This was back in the 9x days when
>system folders were in their infancy. I used to keep the DAO runtime in my
>apps folder with a .local file to force load that version, instead of
>looking elsewhere on the system. That was DAO350.DLL which was an AX DLL,
>or a hybrid DLL which had both AX and stdcalls.

I can see that. Fortunately with DAO 3.6/Jet 4.0 it's been part of
the OS since Windows 2000. Now with Access 2007 it's called ACE do
we could be back to those DLL hell days.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: Dee Earley on
On 28/06/2010 12:05, Henning wrote:
> "Helmut Meukel"<Helmut_Meukel(a)NoProvider.de> skrev i meddelandet
>> I'm certain, with older Windows versions (up to XP) M$ always
>> used "Microsoft Shared" - no localized name -
>
> Anyone surprized? M$ supports country specific locales, but their own
> programmers say: oohhh, are there other countries than US. ;)

Why would you localise your internal data structures?

I have a Japanese version of my app but I don't translate my
installation folders, but I do change anything that is "obvious" to the
user (Not that the name is any different).

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: AAC/M4A VB Tag Decoder Source Code ??
Next: re label