From: John Pollard on
R. C. White wrote:
> Hi, John.
>
> While I haven't actually tried it, I think it should work - with one
> caveat.

> > 1. Logon to the user that installed Quicken. (in my case
> > administrator)

> Just be sure that this user's Quicken has Sounds working.

Thanks, R. C.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: JimH on
Notan wrote:
> On 3/29/2010 3:34 PM, R. C. White wrote:
>> Hi, hexHead.
>>
>> Oh, I think John knows me better than that. And I know him better,
>> too. ;<)
>>
>> We both "call 'em as we see 'em". I think he and I agree that Intuit and
>> Quicken are not perfect - but there are no perfect products available on
>> the market today. Quicken - in spite of its shortcomings - is as good as
>> it gets nowadays. If you know of a better product for personal financial
>> recordkeeping, please tell us about it, especially if it runs in Windows.
>
> Unfortunately, along with "we're the best" goes an attitude of "we don't
> have to try harder."
>
> And they don't.

How "hard they try" is usually driven by budget and calendar. Software
development and support is not cheap. It takes more staff to do more
things.

Would you be willing to pay more for Quicken 2011? I wouldn't. While it
could be better (as could pretty much everything else that I buy), it
works well, and it is affordable.

Just an opinion.
--
Jim
From: Notan on
On 3/30/2010 8:31 AM, JimH wrote:
> Notan wrote:
>> On 3/29/2010 3:34 PM, R. C. White wrote:
>>> Hi, hexHead.
>>>
>>> Oh, I think John knows me better than that. And I know him better,
>>> too. ;<)
>>>
>>> We both "call 'em as we see 'em". I think he and I agree that Intuit and
>>> Quicken are not perfect - but there are no perfect products available on
>>> the market today. Quicken - in spite of its shortcomings - is as good as
>>> it gets nowadays. If you know of a better product for personal financial
>>> recordkeeping, please tell us about it, especially if it runs in
>>> Windows.
>>
>> Unfortunately, along with "we're the best" goes an attitude of "we don't
>> have to try harder."
>>
>> And they don't.
>>
> How "hard they try" is usually driven by budget and calendar. Software
> development and support is not cheap. It takes more staff to do more
> things.
>
> Would you be willing to pay more for Quicken 2011? I wouldn't. While it
> could be better (as could pretty much everything else that I buy), it
> works well, and it is affordable.
>
> Just an opinion.

I'm quoting myself, from a semi-recent thread:

"If Intuit would just leave Quicken alone (i.e. no more 'improvements'),
fix the bugs and offer connection services as a subscription-based model,
I'd think they (and we!) would do just fine."

Add some type of reasonable support, for those who need it, and you've
got yourself a winner.

Just another opinion.