From: mred on
Converted to Q2009 this week.

1) Downloaded transactions from checking acc. this am, transactions
that I used Quicken Bill pay for, showed up as new transactions. With
Q2008 they showed up as matched transactions.
2) The: To Do pane. (new feature?) lists reminders, then as you
complete them, they are lined out.
I have 2 Bills Overdue listed that I can't find anywhere. Everything
should be paid. Is there a way to search for these?
Tx
--

mred

From: Margaret on
mred wrote:
> Converted to Q2009 this week.
>
> 1) Downloaded transactions from checking acc. this am, transactions
> that I used Quicken Bill pay for, showed up as new transactions. With
> Q2008 they showed up as matched transactions.
> 2) The: To Do pane. (new feature?) lists reminders, then as you
> complete them, they are lined out.
> I have 2 Bills Overdue listed that I can't find anywhere. Everything
> should be paid. Is there a way to search for these?
> Tx

I encountered prob 1 on my first download with QP2009. In QP2008, I had
both settings for "renaming rules" turned off, and transactions matched.
I found in QP2009, that suddenly transactions no longer matched. The
problem is remedied by turning on both "renaming rules" settings.

I can't comment on prob 2, as I enter my transactions a month ahead of
time and thus have nothing in my To Do list.

Regards,

Margaret
From: mred on
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:19:02 -0400, Margaret
<twokatmew(a)nospam.gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>mred wrote:
>> Converted to Q2009 this week.
>>
>> 1) Downloaded transactions from checking acc. this am, transactions
>> that I used Quicken Bill pay for, showed up as new transactions. With
>> Q2008 they showed up as matched transactions.
>> 2) The: To Do pane. (new feature?) lists reminders, then as you
>> complete them, they are lined out.
>> I have 2 Bills Overdue listed that I can't find anywhere. Everything
>> should be paid. Is there a way to search for these?
>> Tx
>
>I encountered prob 1 on my first download with QP2009. In QP2008, I had
>both settings for "renaming rules" turned off, and transactions matched.
> I found in QP2009, that suddenly transactions no longer matched. The
>problem is remedied by turning on both "renaming rules" settings.

Didn't solve my problem. The were on, I turned them off,restated
program, turned them back on. Downloaded new transactions, didn't
match.

>I can't comment on prob 2, as I enter my transactions a month ahead of
>time and thus have nothing in my To Do list.

Still have 2 bills marked unpaid. Checked all accounts, couldn't find
anything

--

mred

From: John Pollard on
mred wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:19:02 -0400, Margaret
> <twokatmew(a)nospam.gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>> mred wrote:
>>> Converted to Q2009 this week.
>>>
>>> 1) Downloaded transactions from checking acc. this am,
>>> transactions
>>> that I used Quicken Bill pay for, showed up as new
>>> transactions.
>>> With Q2008 they showed up as matched transactions.
>>> 2) The: To Do pane. (new feature?) lists reminders, then as
>>> you
>>> complete them, they are lined out.
>>> I have 2 Bills Overdue listed that I can't find anywhere.
>>> Everything should be paid. Is there a way to search for
>>> these?
>>> Tx

>> I encountered prob 1 on my first download with QP2009. In
>> QP2008, I
>> had both settings for "renaming rules" turned off, and
>> transactions
>> matched. I found in QP2009, that suddenly transactions no
>> longer
>> matched. The problem is remedied by turning on both
>> "renaming
>> rules" settings.

> Didn't solve my problem. The were on, I turned them
> off,restated
> program, turned them back on. Downloaded new transactions,
> didn't
> match.

With all due respect to Margaret, I'm a little skeptical that
Renaming Rules affect the "match" process for downloaded
transactions.

In my experience, payee name plays little or no part in the
attempt to match downloaded transactions to register
transactions.

Where payee name does come into play is in matching a downloaded
(or manually entered) payee to a transaction in your Memorized
Payee List.

[Naturally, if there is some bug in Q2009, it could also affect
the role payee names play in the matching of downloaded
transactions. I have no insights into a solutiion, or
workaround for Q2009's matching problem ... except to hope it's
solved in a subsequent release.]

--

John Pollard
First initial underscore Last name at mchsi dot com

From: John Pollard on
John Pollard wrote:

> With all due respect to Margaret, I'm a little skeptical that
> Renaming Rules affect the "match" process for downloaded
> transactions.
>
> In my experience, payee name plays little or no part in the
> attempt to match downloaded transactions to register
> transactions.
>
> Where payee name does come into play is in matching a
> downloaded
> (or manually entered) payee to a transaction in your Memorized
> Payee List.
>
> [Naturally, if there is some bug in Q2009, it could also
> affect
> the role payee names play in the matching of downloaded
> transactions. I have no insights into a solutiion, or
> workaround for Q2009's matching problem ... except to hope
> it's
> solved in a subsequent release.]

To (hopefully) clarify.

My comments about the role of payee names in the matching works
are based on previous Quicken versions; if Intuit, in Q2009,
explicitly intends to alter the matching process to place more
(some?) emphasis on payee name, then Renaming Rules would become
a virtual necessity.