From: Leslie Davis on
I recently purchased Quicken deluxe 2010. After instllation I found
it was a total disaster. I have been using quicken for about 10 years
and usually purchase the latest issue when its available. After using
2010 for about 1 hour I removed it and reinstalled 2009. I am certain
that this issue was released without any QA testing. Don't waste your
time and money buying this one.
From: Andrew on
Leslie Davis wrote:
> I recently purchased Quicken deluxe 2010. After instllation I found
> it was a total disaster. I have been using quicken for about 10 years
> and usually purchase the latest issue when its available. After using
> 2010 for about 1 hour I removed it and reinstalled 2009. I am certain
> that this issue was released without any QA testing. Don't waste your
> time and money buying this one.

FWIW, I've been using Q since 1989 and I also installed QD 2010 recently
without any problems. I can't remember EVER having to back out a new
version, and I've been an early adopter for each in the last 20 or 21 years.
But, none of these statistics (nor your 10 year run either) have any bearing
whatsoever about Q 2010 quality on the initial installation.

In my case, however (as someone else pointed out), I have really yet to find
ONE SINGLE enhancement that was worth buying it for. NOT ONE! Maybe I
need to go turn something on or investigate "what's new" more fully, but I
have yet to see any visible difference in functionality. (In fact, with the
backup naming problems we've discussed, it's a retrograde in functionality).
I'd love someone to tell me what's new about Q 2010 that I'd like that I've
been missing!

Well, I do get one additional year of download 'credit'.

So while I agree with your ultimate conclusion about not buying it, we
disagree on the premise why. YMMV.

Regards -

- Andrew

From: charliech on
>On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:30:16 -0800 (PST), Leslie Davis <ldavis50(a)tx.rr.com> wrote:

>I recently purchased Quicken deluxe 2010. After instllation I found
>it was a total disaster. I have been using quicken for about 10 years
>and usually purchase the latest issue when its available. After using
>2010 for about 1 hour I removed it and reinstalled 2009. I am certain
>that this issue was released without any QA testing. Don't waste your
>time and money buying this one.

Leslie,

I, too, am a long time Quicken user and recently upgraded to Q2010. I
don't see a lot of problems, and the ones I have experienced were due
to changes in the new version that required just a bit of
understanding and experience in using to become fully comfortable with
it. I have not experience anything that I was not able to
solve/adjust to with a little bit of work (and help from some folks in
this forum).

I guess, when I update to a new version of a program, I really don't
expect everything to be the same as in the previous version - if that
was the case - why upgrade!

Maybe if you noted some of your problems, you might get some
assistance here that might make Q2010 a bit more workable for you!

Charlie
From: CSM1 on
charliech(a)email.com wrote in

>>On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:30:16 -0800 (PST), Leslie Davis
>><ldavis50(a)tx.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>I recently purchased Quicken deluxe 2010. After instllation I found
>>it was a total disaster. I have been using quicken for about 10 years
>>and usually purchase the latest issue when its available. After using
>>2010 for about 1 hour I removed it and reinstalled 2009. I am certain
>>that this issue was released without any QA testing. Don't waste your
>>time and money buying this one.
>
> Leslie,
>
> I, too, am a long time Quicken user and recently upgraded to Q2010. I
> don't see a lot of problems, and the ones I have experienced were due
> to changes in the new version that required just a bit of
> understanding and experience in using to become fully comfortable with
> it. I have not experience anything that I was not able to
> solve/adjust to with a little bit of work (and help from some folks in
> this forum).
>
> I guess, when I update to a new version of a program, I really don't
> expect everything to be the same as in the previous version - if that
> was the case - why upgrade!
>
> Maybe if you noted some of your problems, you might get some
> assistance here that might make Q2010 a bit more workable for you!
>
> Charlie

The one feature I would upgrade from Q09 Premier would be if the
Investment group transactions in Reminders was fixed.

Right now there is no automatically enter for group transactions in the
"reminders"

Reminders is a bad name anyway.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
From: Margaret on
Leslie Davis wrote:
> I recently purchased Quicken deluxe 2010. After instllation I found
> it was a total disaster. I have been using quicken for about 10 years
> and usually purchase the latest issue when its available. After using
> 2010 for about 1 hour I removed it and reinstalled 2009. I am certain
> that this issue was released without any QA testing. Don't waste your
> time and money buying this one.

It might help if you explained "total disaster." Sure it means you
don't like QD2010, but it doesn't tell us exactly what you thing is so
wrong with the application. Your post is no more than a rant. Perhaps
you meant it that way?

Margaret