From: Laura on
Ian McCall wrote:
> Laura <invalid(a)sample.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> Learn something new everyday. I know about WINE but did not know that
>> they made one for the Mac. Is there a list of programs that Crossover
>> Office or Darwine run without problems? I think a list used to exist
>> for WINE.
>
> Can't seem to find one for Darwine, I imagine it will be the same as for
> WINE.
>
> For Crossover Office, there's:
> http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/search?name=Quicken&search=app
>
> (other apps accessible from there).
>
> I tried Quicken 2002 UK and seemed to work fine, but I had a spare
> Windows license so went VMware-wards in the end.
>
> Cheers,
> Ian

Thanks for the link. I had looked at Wine last year to use with Linux.
Most of the software I use (QuickBooks, Quicken & Peachtree) are only at
a Bronze level so stopped looking at that option.

I'll have to see if I have an available XP license floating around here
and go the VMware route.
From: Laura on
bjn wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 20:34:14 -0400, Laura <invalid(a)sample.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Ian McCall wrote:

>>> Can't seem to find one for Darwine, I imagine it will be the same as for
>>> WINE.
>>>
>>> For Crossover Office, there's:
>>> http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/search?name=Quicken&search=app
>>>
>>> (other apps accessible from there).
>>>
>>> I tried Quicken 2002 UK and seemed to work fine, but I had a spare
>>> Windows license so went VMware-wards in the end.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ian
>> Thanks for the link. I had looked at Wine last year to use with Linux.
>> Most of the software I use (QuickBooks, Quicken & Peachtree) are only at
>> a Bronze level so stopped looking at that option.
>>
>> I'll have to see if I have an available XP license floating around here
>> and go the VMware route.
>

> I know you mentioned XP. But I just want to have it noted in this thread
> that, starting with Vista, Microsoft started to introduce restrictions on
> running Windows in a VM unless you purchased a certain [expensive] version.
> I am not sure of the details, though.

If you want to run in XP mode on a win7 machine you have to have Win7
Professional or Ultimate. Here's more info here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/default.aspx
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Equity Loan