From: jmfbahciv on
In article <87mytw637r.fsf(a)nonospaz.fatphil.org>,
Phil Carmody <thefatphil_demunged(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
<snip>

>What did alt.lang.asm do to deserve this invasion of thick?

Look at the x-posting you are doing.

/BAH
From: Phil Carmody on
Evenbit <nbaker2328(a)charter.net> writes:
> On Nov 2, 12:07 pm, Phil Carmody <thefatphil_demun...(a)yahoo.co.uk>
> wrote:
> > What did alt.lang.asm do to deserve this invasion of thick?
> >

> Dang! I am sure happy that you and I didn't grow up in the same
> neighborhood. I learned quite early to RUN LIKE HELL after throwing a
> rock into a hornet's nest -- *you* obviously just stood there and kept
> throwing. :)

I dripped several bottles of 1,1,1-trichloroethane onto the
nest before I started. Those hornets can only fly in a straight
line now - straight down.

> Nathan.
>
> Tomorrow's obit: Phat Phil (valiant defender of a.l.a) - stung to
> death by a virtual hive.

Stings? What stings? This lot are like a scene from /Shaun of the Dead/.

I notice one accused me of trolling. This ain't trolling, this
is trawling. Good job too, I suspect their ability to bite is
hindered by their false teeth.

Phil
--
Dear aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all.
-- Microsoft voice recognition live demonstration
From: jmfbahciv on
In article <87odebl9tk.fsf(a)nonospaz.fatphil.org>,
Phil Carmody <thefatphil_demunged(a)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>Michael Bednarek <mbATmbednarek.com(a)BLACKHOLESPAM.NET> writes:
>> On 01 Nov 2007 23:04:02 +0200, Phil Carmody wrote in alt.lang.asm,
>> comp.os.ms-windows.misc, comp.os.msdos.misc, alt.folklore.computers:
>>
>> [snip]
>> >Are you really so stupid that you think evidence that Microsoft
>> >has called its CLI a "command interpreter" can be used to disprove
>> >my claim that Microsoft has called its CLI 'MS-DOS'?
>> [snip]
>> >So are you also so stupid that you'd be prepared to claiming that
>> >none of these quotes will be found at microsoft.com, then?
>> >
>> >"For a list of MS-DOS commands, type fasthelp at the command prompt"
>> >
>> >"For more information about changes to the functionality of MS-DOS
commands"
>> [snip]
>> >"MS-DOS commands that are no longer available in the Windows Server 2003"
>> [snip]
>>
>> This last point in particular is hilarious.
>>
>> So you demonstrated that Microsoft called its Command Line Interpreter
>> COMMAND.COM "MS-DOS". This confusion in some quarters at MS is no reason
>> to adopt their woolly thinking and outright wrong nomenclature.
>
>However, names are just names. Names aren't "wrong", they are
>merely "inappropriate" or "misleading", or simply "confusing".

Oh, bullshit. From the noun used, one can tell which code is
running to provide the computing service. There is a huge
difference if the monitor is decoding the command and providing
the computing service and the monitor loading in a user mode
program (app to you young things) which then decodes the command
and provides the computing service.

/BAH

From: Michael Bednarek on
On 03 Nov 2007 15:47:51 +0200, Phil Carmody wrote in alt.lang.asm,
comp.os.ms-windows.misc, comp.os.msdos.misc, alt.folklore.computers:

[snip]
>I'm curious in what group you read this thread. I think I
>can guess the source of many of the other posters, but you
>don't fit the same mould at all. (And hence I've been a tad
>more Prince Hal than Falstaff, as you may have noticed!)

comp.os.ms-windows.misc

From: Phil Carmody on
Michael Bednarek <mbATmbednarek.com(a)BLACKHOLESPAM.NET> writes:
> On 03 Nov 2007 15:47:51 +0200, Phil Carmody wrote in alt.lang.asm,
> comp.os.ms-windows.misc, comp.os.msdos.misc, alt.folklore.computers:
>
> [snip]
> >I'm curious in what group you read this thread. I think I
> >can guess the source of many of the other posters, but you
> >don't fit the same mould at all. (And hence I've been a tad
> >more Prince Hal than Falstaff, as you may have noticed!)
>
> comp.os.ms-windows.misc

Many thanks, Michael. I a long-term inmate of the madhouse that
calls itself a.l.a., and one might say that I have a bit of
a history of throwing rotten vegetables at many residents of
one of the other newsgroups that JdBP added to the newsgroups
line, now removed; and it was their style I recognised in other
about him playing to the crowd.)

Fare ye well,
Phil