From: Bruce on
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:08:01 +0200, "Ram" <ram.ram(a)ram.ra> wrote:
>"Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>> The low contrast and poor sharpness suggests that the pictures might
>> have been taken through the floor of a glass-bottomed boat.
>
>Hi,
>photos are taken in open water, not through the floor of a glass-bottomed
>boat. Unfortunelly the camera is not professional, is a small and old
>compact Casio Z750 , and also the underwater case is not prof (
>http://www.dicapac.com/new_eng/index.html ) .

Thanks.

From: whisky-dave on

"Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
> "Ram" <Ram666photos(a)yahoo.it> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> if you are interested :
>>
>> http://www.marcoedanna.com/gallery/luoghi/egitto/egitto09/egitto09.htm
>>
>> Your comments are welcome !
>>

> They seem to be in shallow water, under 1 meter. Too much color for much
> deeper and there is no indication of use of an underwater flash.
> Just a hint, I used to attract fish by carrying a film container, with
> holes punched in it and stuffing a hot dog inside. Works with small fish.
> I never used that with larger fish for obvious reasons.

Coward ;-)

I've heard that urinating attracts sharks

From: Peter on
"whisky-dave" <whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear> wrote in message

> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>> "Ram" <Ram666photos(a)yahoo.it> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>> if you are interested :
>>>
>>> http://www.marcoedanna.com/gallery/luoghi/egitto/egitto09/egitto09.htm
>>>
>>> Your comments are welcome !
>>>

>> They seem to be in shallow water, under 1 meter. Too much color for much
>> deeper and there is no indication of use of an underwater flash.
>> Just a hint, I used to attract fish by carrying a film container, with
>> holes punched in it and stuffing a hot dog inside. Works with small fish.
>> I never used that with larger fish for obvious reasons.
>
> Coward ;-)

Actually I am more worried aboutthe fish swallowing the container and being
hurt. I have hand fed grouper and moray eels, in open waters.

> I've heard that urinating attracts sharks

If that was true I wouldn't have tons of pictures of shark tails.

I have been a certified diver for over 30 years. The only guy I knew who got
hurt by a shark tried to ride on the back of of a blue one and needed 33
stitches in his leg. The only fish that really scared me was schools of
blues. I needed a new wetsuit after that encounter. With most of these
creatures, if you leave them alone, they will leave you alone.

--
Peter

From: whisky-dave on

> "whisky-dave" <whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear> wrote in message
>>
>> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>>> "Ram" <Ram666photos(a)yahoo.it> wrote in message

>>> They seem to be in shallow water, under 1 meter. Too much color for much
>>> deeper and there is no indication of use of an underwater flash.
>>> Just a hint, I used to attract fish by carrying a film container, with
>>> holes punched in it and stuffing a hot dog inside. Works with small
>>> fish. I never used that with larger fish for obvious reasons.
>>
>> Coward ;-)
>>

> Actually I am more worried aboutthe fish swallowing the container and
> being hurt. I have hand fed grouper and moray eels, in open waters.

Yes that's a good point, I'm sure they have more than enough plastic to feed
on.

>> I've heard that urinating attracts sharks
>
> If that was true I wouldn't have tons of pictures of shark tails.

http://www.surftravelcompany.com/PEEING-IN-WATER.htm

Well I stopped pissing in the shower.

> I have been a certified diver for over 30 years. The only guy I knew who
> got hurt by a shark tried to ride on the back of of a blue one and needed
> 33 stitches in his leg.

Served him right.

>The only fish that really scared me was schools of blues. I needed a new
>wetsuit after that encounter.

That's a brown alert is it.

>With most of these creatures, if you leave them alone, they will leave you
>alone.

Yes there's very few animals[1] that attack by choice unless they are
protecting their young.

[1] excluding humans of course.

From: Peter on

> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>> "whisky-dave" <whisky-dave(a)final.front.ear> wrote in message
>>>

>>> I've heard that urinating attracts sharks
>>
>> If that was true I wouldn't have tons of pictures of shark tails.
>
> http://www.surftravelcompany.com/PEEING-IN-WATER.htm
>
> Well I stopped pissing in the shower.

That's my definition of class.
Someone who steps out of the shower to pee.

>> I have been a certified diver for over 30 years. The only guy I knew who
>> got hurt by a shark tried to ride on the back of of a blue one and needed
>> 33 stitches in his leg.
>
> Served him right.

Yup!

> [1] excluding humans of course.