From: "BullDawg" eschol1948 AT Gmail Dot Com on
Same here, using Eternal September as the newsserver. Two groups that were
dropped a few weeks ago are still accessible with Eternal September.

--
______________
BullDawg

Why is it that our children
can't read a Bible in school,
but they can in prison?

From: Bo Persson on
Steve Foster wrote:
> Carlos wrote:
>
>> High time for asking Dalai Lama about re-incarnation.
>> Maybe he can tell us where we will be born again!.
>> :)
>> Seriously speaking, I am deeply worried that this specific
>> comunity, built with such a hard effort of everybody is at the
>> verge of extinction. Like, E.L.I. in "Deep Impact".
>> For the moment, my main concern is Argentina vs Greece tomorrow.
>
> I'm posting to the group using Eternal September. I don't expect it
> to go anywhere on July 1, just because Microsoft drop it from
> msnews.microsoft.com.
>
> Go visit www.eternal-september.org to get yourselves a free account
> (but not all at once!), and then this newsgroup can live on
> forever...

And if that becomes too busy, some of the wealthier ones might
consider using a not-totally-free service. :-)

In Europe, I can recommend this one for a modest ?10 per year, backed
by the speed of a university network:

http://news.individual.net/

Bo Persson

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
If we don't have a Forums home, we'll stay here for the moment. And
Argentina will prevail.

(Hey, I'm an optimist by nature!)

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: R. C. White on
Hi, Steve.

Thanks for the reminder of non-MS Usenet servers. Fortunately, my ISP
(Grande Communications, here in San Marcos, TX) still carries over 100,000
NGs - via Giganews, I think. So, while I haven't yet subscribed to THIS
NG - and a few others that I'm still reading via MSNews - I'll be adding
those to my Quicken and Win7.general NGs on that server soon.

I tried eternal-september.org several months ago but probably won't go back
to it unless - or until - Grande follows the trend and discontinues Usenet,
too. :>(

RC

From: Carlos on
Charlie,
Your optimism is well founded.
We beat Greece 2-0 today.
3 matches won out of 3. Four more to go.
Now I'll have to wait till Sunday, playoff against Mexico.
Carlos