From: Carlos on
I wonder whether the web access I use:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general&lang=en&cr=US&mid=c05d0339-b4b4-4e56-b337-413daf620e2c
will still be alive "the day after" (a.k.a. July the 1st).
Carlos

From: R. C. White on
Hi, Carlos.

I'm not expert enough to say for sure if Discussions will continue. But my
understanding is that the "Discussions" interface has always been just
another way to view these Usenet newsgroups without using a newsreader - by
reading them in a Web browser. Over the years, I've tried many times to use
that Discussions interface myself - and just never could get comfy with it.
I never could stand to try it for more than a half-hour at a time.

Quick, Carlos, before it's too late to see what I mean, click on this link:

That one click should fire up your default newsreader (OE? WM? WLM?
Thunderbird, Agent or other 3rd-party newsreader?); create a News Account
for you on this soon-to-disappear Microsoft public news server, which is
free and does not require you to log on; subscribe you to THIS newsgroup;
download the 300 latest messages here; and display the newest post in the
Reading Pane for you to read. As you will see, these are the identical
messages that you see in Discussions, but presented in a different format.

This is the way I've read all the Usenet newsgroups for about 15 years now,
since OE first appeared in Win95, and I'm still reading them in the same way
in WLMail - for a few more weeks. I will soon switch to Forums - but
reluctantly.

I'm sorry for not pointing this out much earlier, Carlos, but I simply
didn't notice until now that your address is @discussions.microsoft.com.
:^{

RC

From: Carlos on
R.C.,
Thanks for the tip.
In any way this group is intended to disappear.
There's no 64-bit anything offered by Microsoft in the forums.
Still trying to find a new home.
:(
Carlos

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Yes, nice job against Greece. Didn't get to see it, unfortunately, was busy
all day. :(

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Yup, still waiting. And hoping for an answer _before_ we lose this NG.

As for your web interface, Carlos, I'm afraid there's little chance it will
still exist. But you should find the Forums quite acceptable, once we have a
new home.