From: VanguardLH on
C. Kevin Provance wrote:

NOTE: Do *not* use quoted-printable format when posting to newsgroups.
Configure OE to post using plain text, MIME encoding (set to None), and
to wrap lines at 76 character, or less (72 allows more levels of indents
for quoting in replies before OE screws up in generating jagged
replies).

Kevin's post wrapped at 72 characters max per line for proper formatting
in newsgroup posts.

> See my sig. Mhile the VB reference is of no use to you, the news
> group access might. Eternal september claims they will be ignoring
> msft's remove message, which means the heiarchy will continue.

I used to use Eternal-September (even back when it was called
Motzarella). There was a time when he had hard disk problems too often
and then later some other problems so I left and went to Albasani.
From: C. Kevin Provance on

"VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message
: C. Kevin Provance wrote:
:
[...]

Sorry. The mime setting was set to "Quote printable" or something like
that. I'm not sure what that happened. Everything else was as you
suggested.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

From: Bo Berglund on
On Sun, 30 May 2010 14:53:01 -0400, "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote:

>See my sig. Mhile the VB reference is of no use to you, the news group access might.
>Eternal september claims they will be ignoring msft's remove message, which means
>the heiarchy will continue.

It seems like the replication from E-S to microsoft is incomplete....
VanguardLH replied to this thread with two posts, but only one made it
to the Microsoft server. The missing one contained critical comments
on the way Microsoft manages its newsservers.
Is this a sign of censorship on Microsoft's side?

It also seems to be a rather long delay between posting on E-S and the
actual apperanance on the microsoft server of the message.

--

Bo Berglund (Sweden)
From: Bo Berglund on
On Mon, 31 May 2010 07:39:14 +0200, Bo Berglund
<boberglund(a)myotherhome.sec> wrote:

>On Sun, 30 May 2010 14:53:01 -0400, "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote:
>
>>See my sig. Mhile the VB reference is of no use to you, the news group access might.
>>Eternal september claims they will be ignoring msft's remove message, which means
>>the heiarchy will continue.
>
>It seems like the replication from E-S to microsoft is incomplete....
>VanguardLH replied to this thread with two posts, but only one made it
>to the Microsoft server. The missing one contained critical comments
>on the way Microsoft manages its newsservers.
>Is this a sign of censorship on Microsoft's side?
>
>It also seems to be a rather long delay between posting on E-S and the
>actual apperanance on the microsoft server of the message.

Interestingly my own reply to VanguardLH, which had quoted his text,
is also not forwarded (or accepted) to the Microsoft newsserver...

--

Bo Berglund (Sweden)
From: Bill Leary on
> Bill Leary wrote:
>
>> Has anyone found a likely replacement (substitute) forum for this news
>> group?
>>
>> I took a look through them, and didn't see a likely one.
>
> Sure. It's called microsoft.public.virtualpc. Microsoft is killing off
> their own NNTP server. Microsoft is not Usenet. You'll have to use a
> different NSP to continue accessing this newsgroup. Ask in the
> alt.free.newsservers group on suggestions for free NSPs (the one that I
> use is free, carries this newsgroup, and will continue carrying it
> despite Microsoft's scrambling away from Usenet where they had no
> control).

OK, so, I've been using Giganews for years for everything except the
Microsoft groups. I just went over there and typed in
"microsoft.public.virtualpc" and there it is. With 54890 messages.

- Bill