From: Bill Leary on
Has anyone found a likely replacement (substitute) forum for this news
group?

I took a look through them, and didn't see a likely one.

- Bill
_________________
Everything matters.

From: Robert Comer on
Microsoft is suggesting

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprovirt/threads

Just ignore the sticky message about it only being for Windows VPC. (the
latest version of VPC that only runs in Win7.)

--
Bob Comer <Microsoft MVP - Virtual Machine>

From: VanguardLH on
Bill Leary wrote:

> Has anyone found a likely replacement (substitute) forum for this news
> group?
>
> I took a look through them, and didn't see a likely one.

Sure. It's called microsoft.public.virtualpc. Microsoft is killing off
their own NNTP server. Microsoft is not Usenet. You'll have to use a
different NSP to continue accessing this newsgroup. Ask in the
alt.free.newsservers group on suggestions for free NSPs (the one that I
use is free, carries this newsgroup, and will continue carrying it
despite Microsoft's scrambling away from Usenet where they had no
control).
From: C. Kevin Provance on
See my sig. Mhile the VB reference is of no use to you, the news group access might. Eternal september claims they will be ignoring msft's remove message, which means the heiarchy will continue.

--
Customer Hatred Knows No Bounds at MSFT

"VanguardLH" <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote in message news:htu89g$7jj$1(a)news.albasani.net...
: Bill Leary wrote:
:
: > Has anyone found a likely replacement (substitute) forum for this news
: > group?
: >
From: Bo Berglund on
On Sun, 30 May 2010 14:53:01 -0400, "C. Kevin Provance" <*@*.*> wrote:

>See my sig. Mhile the VB reference is of no use to you, the news group access might. Eternal september claims they will be ignoring msft's remove message, which means the heiarchy will continue.

Seems good to me. I just enrolled and downloaded the vpc and vs
groups. Got a few months worth of articles out of the server starting
Feb 7, 2010, I guess they don't keep everything. Maybe it is not
considered "news" after 4 months....

--
Bo Berglund (Sweden)