First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
syncobj_* views?
Hello, i was searching information about the syncobj* views. Do they always need to be under the public role? or can we assign these views to specific users and roles. Thank you very much. From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/114_2004_1_0_0_443938/syncobj-views.htm Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups http://... 10 Dec 2007 01:35
Merger Replication - SQL2000
Hi NG Please forgive the length of this post, but I feel the background might have some bearing on a possible solution. We had a server running Win2003 + SQL 2000 SP3a that was acting as a publisher and distributor for a single database. We lost the server, and had it rebuilt as a Win2003R2 + SQL 2005 SP1.... 10 Dec 2007 01:35
SQL 2000 (the process is running and wating for a response from one of the backend connections)
SQL 2000 on 4 servers (distributor and 3 subscribers). I deleted about 3.5 million records in a table on the distributor. One subscriber got all of the deletes fine. The order 2 are getting an error: The process is running and is waiting for a response from one of the backend connections. I have done a rei... 10 Dec 2007 01:35
Cannot insert explicit value for identity column
SQL Server 2000 SP4 (Enterprise edition) both publisher and Subscriber. I have setup Identity column 'Not for Replication' in subscriber. My error is Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'tablename' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF. I ran SET IDENTITY_INSERT 'tablename' ON ... 10 Dec 2007 01:35
Could not load the DLL xprepl.dll
Hi all, I had a hard drive crash and I rebuilt a SQL 2005 Express. I used an image I have been using for about 5 other locations. I renamed everything as I did for all my other locations and I tried to turn replication on for this new box. At first it failed because the subscription was invalid. I dropped an... 15 Nov 2007 08:35
Login Failed for user "Distributor_admin'
Hi murali, You can change the connection to trusted so that you dont have to use the password or you can create the same login with sysadmin role in the subscriber, that should solve the issue. Do get back if its solved Cheers Sunil EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.c... 29 Aug 2007 18:20
cannot delete publication
We are using SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 on WIn2003. We lost our distributor and I reinstall SQL Server in Distributor machine. Now I am not able to delete publication and subscription from publisher and subscriber. Any help highly appreciated. tried sp_removedbreplication Msg 3724, Level 16, State ... 1 Aug 2007 08:43
cleanup msmerge_genhistory
Environment: SQL 2005 - merge replication I noticed that merge agent process is taking up 90% of my cpu - and the culprit was sp_MSenumgenerations90. msmerge_contents and msmerge_tombstone are not too big - only 50K records. I have about 3 million records in the msmerge_genhistory table. The oldest record ... 11 Jul 2007 15:33
Rube Goldberg triviality when adding rows that have non-NULL rowguid columns
Been awhile since I setup merge replication and saw an issue I recognized but momentarily forget what the resolution was. Then I recalled the solution. But I wonder why Microsoft would create such an obscure NON-default setting. I set up a publication on SQL2k. The rowguid columns were added by the pub wizar... 11 Jul 2007 12:26
SQL Agent terminates, then replication can't restart.
Hi all, Our setup is pretty simple, one transactional box, a remote distributor, and a reporting server using one way transactional replication, push subscription, no immediate updating. (All boxes SQL 2005) Around 3am the sql server agent died on the distribution sever with this message in the event log: S... 27 Jun 2007 12:56