From: Phil Carmody on
"?a\\/b" <al(a)f.g> writes:
> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:54:17 -0700, Jamie wrote:
> >Skybuck wrote:
> > i have copied over piles of source code that was originated on Big
> >Endian platforms over to little Endian that contain all kinds of bit
> >operations etc.. never had a problem and never had to change anything
> >other than byte order coding ..
>
> there is only one *good* way to rapresent numbers in a computer
> 0 0
> 1 1
> 2 01
> 3 11
> 4 001
> 5 101
> etc

How do you represent a 0 followed by a 1?
How do you tell the difference between that and how you represent 2?

If you're going to try and reinvent the wheel, please don't make it
rectangular.

Phil
--
"Home taping is killing big business profits. We left this side blank
so you can help." -- Dead Kennedys, written upon the B-side of tapes of