From: realto on
On Jun 29, 8:31 pm, Lew Pitcher <lpitc...(a)teksavvy.com> wrote:

Brampton's one and only Lew Pitcher, recently let go by the TDBank, is
a domain thief.

Check out http://lewpitcher.ca for the details.

Or simply type "lew pitcher" into google and the Lew Pitcher report
tops the list.
From: realto on
On Jun 29, 8:31 pm, Lew Pitcher <lpitc...(a)teksavvy.com> wrote:

Brampton's Lew Pitcher, recently let go by TDBank, is a domain thief.

For further info: http://lewpitcher.ca
From: mjt on
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 19:42:22 -0700 (PDT)
realto <dranyamlr(a)gmail.com> wrote:

.... realto ------> *plonk*

--
"Text processing has made it possible to right-justify any idea,
even one which cannot be justified on any other grounds."

From: Ulick Magee on
noi ance wrote:

> Once by accident I had created a multi GB file at the / (root) level that
> took me a long time to recognize that it didn't belong there, ie,
>
> /.
> /..
> /verylarge.file 8Gb
> /tmp 4.0k
> /var 4.0k

It can be useful* to have a reasonably large dummy file owned by root in
critical partitions, so if space runs out you can delete it to get
things working again and then have time to troubleshoot the problem. The
file should be just enough to give you breathing space while you fix the
problem (maybe 0.5 or 1GB)

* if not keeping a proactive approach by monitoring free space,
controlling the growth of logs, using disk quotas, alerts, etc.

--

Ulick Magee

Free software and free formats for free information for free people.
Open Office for Windows/OSX/Linux: http://www.openoffice.org
openSUSE Linux: http://en.opensuse.org
From: mjt on
On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 11:14:07 +0100
Ulick Magee <ulickatmaildotcom(a)feckoff.invalid> wrote:

> /verylarge.file 8Gb
> > /tmp 4.0k
> > /var 4.0k
>
> It can be useful* to have a reasonably large dummy file owned by root
> in critical partitions, so if space runs out you can delete it to get
> things working again and then have time to troubleshoot the problem.

A SysAdmin worth his/her salt won't
let the system get to that point.

--
Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.
<<< Remove YOURSHOES to email me >>>

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Openoffice