From: Mexx Headroooommm on
»mjt« schrieb (wrote) am (on) 20.07.2010 17:08
> I'm guessing "yast2-profile-manager" and "sumf" found in 11.2 Oss

yes yes yes .... but this feature seems to be not available for 11.3

or do you mean I should take this 11.2 respository for 11.3 ?

greets
-Markus
From: David Bolt on
On Wednesday 21 Jul 2010 07:08, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
Mexx Headroooommm painted this mural:

> »mjt« schrieb (wrote) am (on) 20.07.2010 17:08
>> I'm guessing "yast2-profile-manager" and "sumf" found in 11.2 Oss
>
> yes yes yes .... but this feature seems to be not available for 11.3
>
> or do you mean I should take this 11.2 respository for 11.3 ?

I would advise against it, as there could be a version mismatch between
the versions of YaST2 used for building the profile manager, and that
may lead to some issues in use. A better idea would be to use one built
for 11.3, along with the 11.3 version of scpm.

As it's been moved into the openSUSE:Dropped, along with many other
packages, you get the choice between using your own home project to
link to the dropped package and building it yourself, or doing a search
to see if anyone else has done so. These links should help:

<http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=yast2-profile-manager&baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.3&lang=en&exclude_debug=true>
<http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=scpm&baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.3&lang=en&exclude_debug=true>

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Team Acorn: www.distributed.net
| | openSUSE 11.3RC2 32b |

From: Mexx Headroooommm on
»David Bolt« schrieb (wrote) am (on) 21.07.2010 13:03
> As it's been moved into the openSUSE:Dropped, along with many other
> packages, you get the choice between using your own home project to
> link to the dropped package and building it yourself, or doing a search
> to see if anyone else has done so. These links should help:
>
> <http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=yast2-profile-manager&baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.3&lang=en&exclude_debug=true>
> <http://software.opensuse.org/search?q=scpm&baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.3&lang=en&exclude_debug=true>

Hi David,

your posted links saved my day today........ thank you very much for that.

greets
-Markus
From: Mexx Headroooommm on
�houghi� schrieb (wrote) am (on) 22.07.2010 11:40
> What is the reason you absolutely need it? Just curious as I never ised
> it and have no idea what it can do.

houghi,

just simple for me and I don't wanna change my bad habit .... as far as
I work with SuSE I used this fine simple application. I have to say that
I use my 4 year old laptop which I bought at a great discounter .....
which delivered this with Windows XP home..... so I wanna also use SuSE
on the same machine so far as well.

I use this laptop at home AND at my work... so there I have different
LAN- Wifi and Printer settings. Also I do not work everytime with the
KDE GUI ...... in some cases it's necessary to start Linux with init 3
instead of 5 .... e.g. I use only for updating my cvs project.

So when I'm at home I used this switching between the profile with a
visible entry "F3 - Switch Profile" on the GRUB- Bootmenu. I hope it
clearly explained for you.

greets
-Markus
From: David Bolt on
On Thursday 22 Jul 2010 10:40, while playing with a tin of spray paint,
houghi painted this mural:

> Mexx Headroooommm wrote:
>> your posted links saved my day today........ thank you very much for that.
>
> What is the reason you absolutely need it? Just curious as I never ised
> it and have no idea what it can do.

I've no idea what it can do, and I've also no idea why it was dropped.
I've searched my factory mailing list archive but can't find any
discussion about it. I also searched the online archives for several
other lists, and the can only find a mail to the opensuse-commit
mailing list stating it had been dropped from Factory and could be
found under :Dropped.

Regards,
David Bolt