From: Here In Oregon on

"Neil Rutman" > No offense intended HIO - just tired and frustrated. I'm
sure you're right
> about over compression. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

No problem bro. You are in the ballpark. No,... you are on the field.

From: Here In Oregon on

"Here In Oregon" <HIO(a)nospam.net> wrote in message

> "Neil Rutman" > No offense intended HIO - just tired and frustrated. I'm
> sure you're right
>> about over compression. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.
>
> No problem bro. You are in the ballpark. No,... you are on the field.

Your bottom has indeed dropped out on "Don't bring me down". Rick Paul
alluded to this. I should have saved each version.

From: Here In Oregon on
The Lead Guitar fubs at 47 sec. It is subtle but will eventually haunt
you.

Listening....be quiet.....the solo that starts at 2:27 is now good and very
interesting.

Maybe you might want to A/B your mix this next morning ala Mix 3. I cannot
tell if it is better. I have ear fatigue.

From: Here In Oregon on

"Rick Paul"

Would you be kind enough to do that for me when I am ready to post my very
first to the usenet at large. <g>

From: John Braner on
On 03/03/2010 00:05, Neil Rutman wrote:
> Somebody please tell me I'm done with this one (and mean it)!
>
> Better defined low end, tamed sizzling ess's on the lead voc
>
> www.soundclick.com/neilrutman\

Hi Neil,

I've been in bed with the flu, so missed the first few mixes. I can confirm tha on decent spekers,
the bass is still kind of "buried". You might be OK with that, but I think not (sorry I haven't gone
through all the posts).

Have you tried
- backing of compressors? (on the bass)
- adding some kind of "exciter" to make it punch through.

I don't know what would be fighting it eq wise. The kick is the obvious choice but I'm not so sure.

- you might even try playing with the transients on the bass - to get it to "stand out"?

--
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner