From: Ohmster on
Bit Twister <BitTwister(a)mouse-potato.com> wrote in

> No idea why I cannot unzip that one.
> [bittwister(a)cooker zip]$ unzip BT_Files.zip
> Archive: BT_Files.zip
> skipping: urls.html `PPMd' method not supported
> skipping: urls.txt `PPMd' method not supported
> skipping: geturls `PPMd' method not supported
>
> Does not matter. I can see the urls.html from last script I sent
> using your zipped desktopshortcuts.zip

You could not unzip it because I used winzip to make that one file and it
came out with an x at the end as in BT_Files.zipx. I thought nothing of it
and deleted the x. Apparently there was more to it than that. I have now
rezipped the same files in Linux and upped it to the server, you can
retrieve the BT_Files.zip now and you will be able to unzip it. Sorry.

http://home.comcast.net/~theohmster/files/BT_Files.zip

It is very late for me but I will test your new script, thank you BT.

--
~Ohmster | ohmster59 /a/t/ gmail dot com
Put "messageforohmster" in message body
From: Bit Twister on
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:37:44 -0500, Ohmster wrote:

> http://home.comcast.net/~theohmster/files/BT_Files.zip
>
> It is very late for me but I will test your new script, thank you BT.

Ok, zip contents of geturls was a few changes out of date. :(
Once you start running latest one. You should be fairly close to
having something you can really play around with.
From: Ohmster on

> Here is the script using John's grep command.

This works really good BT, same as your last one. Now if you could only get
the target attribute in the script, man oh man, what a treasure that would
be!!

Thanks Bit Twister!

From: Bit Twister on
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:50:15 -0500, Ohmster wrote:

> Oh I can sooooooo use this. One thing I really have to do is to make
> these links have a blank target attribute set so that they open in a new
> window or tab.

Just remember when playing in the echo "some text string(s)"
that if you enter something like target="_blank">
you need to escape any quotes you add. Example target=\"_blank\">

> would be the cat's PJs man! And make the output justify left, not center.

Remove CENTER keywords. :)

> Example of URL without the target attribute set (Plain URL):
> http://www.artinthepicture.com/artists/Nicolas_de_Stael/</a
>
> Example of URL with target attribute set:
> target="_blank">http://www.artinthepicture.com/artists/Nicolas_de_Stael/
></a
>
> See how the bottom url has that target stuff in it? If you click a url
> like that, it will open in a new tab or window and the visitor will not
> leave the referring website by clicking the link. That is the kind of
> links that I have to make.

Looking at John's version of my script the line would look something
like

echo "<li><A href=\"$_line target=\"_blank\">$_line</A>" >> $_out_fn

From: Cousin Stanley on

> Stanley C. Kitching once helped me out with a dandy python script
> that would take a text FAQ and turn it into a nice, clickable html
> document with links and named anchors that would really work. A
> magnificent work, thank you cousin Stanley, if you are still around
> my friend.

Yo Cousin Ohm ....

I'm still around and kickin' ....

Thanks for the kind words.