From: Ohmster on
Bit Twister <BitTwister(a)mouse-potato.com> wrote in

> Looking at John's version of my script the line would look something
> like
>
> echo "<li><A href=\"$_line target=\"_blank\">$_line</A>" >> $_out_fn

Late for work, more tonight!

[ohmster(a)ohmster bench]$ echo "<li><A href=\"$_line target=\"_blank\">
$_line</A>" >> $_out_fn
-bash: $_out_fn: ambiguous redirect
[ohmster(a)ohmster bench]$

Not sure what the problem is, but whatever you wrote in the big script
looks promising, will test it out tonight. Thank you so much, Bit Twister!

--
~Ohmster | ohmster59 /a/t/ gmail dot com
Put "messageforohmster" in message body
From: Ohmster on
Cousin Stanley <cousinstanley(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:hnncn0$1p8$1
@news.eternal-september.org:

> Yo Cousin Ohm ....
>
> I'm still around and kickin' ....
>
> Thanks for the kind words.

Cousin Stanley!!!! I still use ohms_work.py to this very day, it is a most
excellent work of art. Thank you my very, very good friend. ;>)

From: dillinger on
Ohmster wrote:
> [...]
> inside to an ongoing list, prefereably clickable html, although plain
> text would be alright? No, this is not homework or anything like that,
> this is a real world situation and I just do not have the skill to get it
> done. Stanley C. Kitching once helped me out with a dandy python script
> that would take a text FAQ and turn it into a nice, clickable html
> document with links and named anchors that would really work. A
> magnificent work, thank you cousin Stanley, if you are still around my
> friend.
>
> Here is what one of the desktop shortcuts looks like so you will see what
> needs to be done:
>
> [DEFAULT]
> BASEURL=http://www.lincart.com/
> [InternetShortcut]
> URL=http://www.lincart.com/
> IDList=
> [{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}]
> Prop3=19,2
>
> or another one:
>
> [DEFAULT]
> BASEURL=http://www.byroncoons.com/
> [InternetShortcut]
> URL=http://www.byroncoons.com/
> IDList=
> IconFile=http://www.byroncoons.com/favicon.ico
> IconIndex=1
> [{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}]
> Prop3=19,2
>
> The filenames on these things all have spaces in them too, although I
> have a bulk file renamer that can change the spaces to underscores if
> needed. Here is a sample listing of files (I have UNIX for Windows
> installed on Windows 7 so that ls works,)
>
> C:\Users\Paul\Documents\PaulsPCWorks\Customers\Jean_Claude_Boutrouille
> \Links_03-15-2010>ls
> AbsoluteArts.com.url
> Art Calendar.url
> Art-Jean Claude Arts.url
> ArtJean Claude Boutrouille -.url
> Artnet -.url
> Artspan.url
> Artspan.zip
> Boca Raton -EXOR.url
> Boca Raton -Elaine Baker (2).zip
> Boca Raton -Elaine Baker.url
> Boca Raton -Elaine Baker.zip
> Boca Raton -Karen Lynne Gallery.url
> Boca Raton -Kevin McPherrin.url
> Boca Raton -Rosenbaum Contemporary.url
> Boca Raton -Schuyler.url
> Boca Raton -Sundook Fine Art.url
> Boca Raton-Addison Gallery.url
> Boca-Janeris Photography.url
> Canada-Galerie Simon Blais.url
> Canada-Landau Fine Art.url
> Charleston-Eva Carter.url
> China - Art Galleries - Beijing.url
> China-10 Chancery Lane Gallery.url
>
> Can anybody help with a scripting language or a simple script that will
> do the things I want done with these files?
>
> Take URL out of each desktop shortcut file and put it in an ongoing list,
> process each shortcut, adding the URL to the list, until all shorcuts are
> processed and we now have a final list of all the URLs in the shortcuts.
> A clickable html list would be a big plus, however a plain text list

Easiest is probably to copy those .url files into the favorites folder
of some user on windows, start internet explorer as that user and export
his favorites to a file (bookmarks.htm).

That way you'll end up with a html file with clickable links.

Beware of things like &amp; and other encoding errors though.

Michel.