From: tms3 on

> Is this an OS setting or a Samba setting?

File system/OS. For instance, with FreeBSD in /etc/fstab I might have

/dev/ad8s3d /home/samba ufs rw,acls
2 2

Check your OS manual regarding settings for the file system you are
using.

TMS III

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 01:32:00 -0400, Gary Dale wrote:

> ACLs can sometimes be turned on or off on a file system as a mount
> option. Other times it's inherent in the system. It may even be a
> format-time option.

Oh, if you're asking whether or not the filesystem itself supports ACLs,
yes, it does. I tried setting them from the Linux command line (and got
no errors), but I don't know enough about the Windows/Linux ACL mapping
to get the settings I want.

If you're interested, this is what I get from the "getfacl" command:

# owner: <My domain>\134<user1>
# group: <My domain>\134mis
user::rwx
user:<My domain>\134<me>:rwx
user:<My domain>\134administrator:rwx
user:<My domain>\134<user2>:rwx
user:<My domain>\134<user3>:rwx
group::rwx
group:<My domain>\134accounting:rwx
mask::rwx
other::rwx
default:user::rwx
default:user:<My domain>\134<user1>:rwx
default:user:<My domain>\134administrator:rwx
default:user:<My domain>\134<user2>:rwx
default:user:<My domain>\134<user3>:rwx
default:group::---
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 22:30:43 -0700, tms3 wrote:

>> Is this an OS setting or a Samba setting?
>
> File system/OS.

Yes, the filesystem supports ACLs. If it helps any, this is the output
from "getfacl":

# owner: <My domain>\134<user1>
# group: <My domain>\134mis
user::rwx
user:<My domain>\134<me>:rwx
user:<My domain>\134administrator:rwx
user:<My domain>\134<user2>:rwx
user:<My domain>\134<user3>:rwx
group::rwx
group:<My domain>\134accounting:rwx
mask::rwx
other::rwx
default:user::rwx
default:user:<My domain>\134<user1>:rwx
default:user:<My domain>\134administrator:rwx
default:user:<My domain>\134<user2>:rwx
default:user:<My domain>\134<user3>:rwx
default:group::---
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

Hallo, Dadoo,

Du meintest am 08.07.10:

>> #testparm -v | grep "acl "
>>
>> acl compatibility = auto
>> acl check permissions = Yes
>> acl group control = No
>> acl map full control = Yes
>> force unknown acl user = No
>> nt acl support = Yes
>> map acl inherit = No

> "testparm" gives me the same output.

Just control with

testparm -sv

these options show what Samba does use, not only what is written into
the "smb.conf".

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut