From: Pamela on
Hello All, I'm new here.

I don't know how to set up 2003 on my new computer. Can anyone help? I've
tried to locate steps online to know avail. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pamela
From: DL on
That might depend on the type of email account you have, eg pop / Hotmail
/Gmail etc

From: VanguardLH on
Pamela wrote:

> Hi Vanguard, Thanks for your help too. I am still not able to use outlook
> as you can read in my last post even though I downloaded Connector &
> configured it.

And, as yet, you never mention actually using the webmail interface to
Hotmail to see if you can login to your account.

Also, although you installed the Outlook Connector add-on, did you also
*delete* the old Hotmail account where you tried using HTTP/WebDAV? You
need to delete all your old DAV accounts in Outlook for Hotmail. Then
create the new Hotmail account in Outlook using the add-on.
From: VanguardLH on
Pamela wrote:

> All I'm trying to do is respond to a craigslist posting & it has turned into
> an all day project.

You NEVER want to post your real e-mail address in Craigslist. It is a well
known pool from which spammers will harvest e-mail addresses. You also do
not want to reply from your real e-mail account to any inquiries made
through or because of Craigslist ads. Create a new disposable e-mail
address (DEA) which could be at Hotmail and use that special-use account for
anything you do at Craigslist. When you are done with Craigslist, delete
the DEA account.
From: Pamela on
Thanks for your help

If by "actually using the webmail interface to
> Hotmail to see if you can login to your account." you mean did I login to the hotmail account, I did.

I had done everything instructed except delete the old accounts which i have
done presently.

After doing that I am able to use outlook, however every time I go to send a
message> I click the link in craigslist posting to send a reply>it opens word
as the email editor>I click send > It closes the word window with no
indication whether the email was sent. I open up the Outlook interface and
the message is in my outbox so I assum it was not sent. I highlight it and
click send > it then requires me to fill in one of those idenity things with
scrambled letters & #s. Do you have to go through this whole production #
just to send and emai in outlook?

">