From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen [MVP - Windows - Mobile Devices]" on
IIRC, you can't access a directory on an FTP server as a local one either -
for example, you can't map it in the local file system. I may be wrong
though.

If you can, then, use vxFTPSrv.

Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen - Microsoft MVP - Windows - Mobile Devices
Please see the Pocket PC Mag Expert Blog (including mine) at
http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/ - you will definitely like it.

From: Terry Pinnell on
"Scott Seligman" <seligman(a)example.com> wrote:

>Terry Pinnell <terrypinDELETE(a)THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote:
>>
>>"Chris Tacke, MVP" <ctacke.at.opennetcf.dot.com> wrote:
>>
>>>You can't. It's a shell extension, not a real folder.
>>
>>So is it possible to open it in *any* way, other than by d-clicking
>>that icon (or using Explore in AS)?
>
>Nope. If the goal is to access it from batch files, then there are
>tools to enable that (such as my own rapitools), but since the device
>doesn't act as a file server, there's no way to access it from random
>applications.

Thanks all, appreciate the replies.

My main reason for asking was to try to automate a frequent procedure.
I'm doing a lot of experimental trialing of PPC programs following
replacement of my old iPAQ 2210/2215 (WM 2003) with an HTC Touch Pro 2
(WM 6.1). For those progs where I download a CAB, I want to write a
macro with Macro Express Pro to simply copy it to my device for
subsequent manual execution.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
From: Beverly Howard on
>> easy way... <<

for me, this always comes back to using the ppc's memory card in a pc
card reader which opens up all of the automated pc processes to update,
sync or transfer files.

tip... with the cab files, if you mark them ro on the memory card as
part of the transfer, they will not be deleted following installs.

Beverly Howard

From: Roger 2008 on

"Beverly Howard" <Bev(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in message

> The reason behind this is that the winmobile os is a "client only" os
> that has no built in way of sharing any of it's resources.

I dunno. The latest Remote Desktop Mobile that is built into some Touch
Diamonds and some Touch Pros has a way to share directories on the PPC with
a laptop computer at the same time you have access to them on the PPC. Too
bad the access is so slow.

From: Chris Tacke, MVP on
Sure, it's done as the shell extension, which uses RAPI underneath. You can
do that as well with your own program. it's just not available from a
command prompt as a drive. getting at the files from the PC isn't
technically challenging at all - it's rather simple in fact. Adding the
fact that you want it from a command line makes it near impossible. You
*could* write an app that allows you to pass it commands on the command line
and have *it* do the file transfers via RAPI.

--

Chris Tacke, Embedded MVP
OpenNETCF Consulting

"Roger 2008" <rwpcs(a)att.net> wrote in message

> "Beverly Howard" <Bev(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in message
>>
>> The reason behind this is that the winmobile os is a "client only" os
>> that has no built in way of sharing any of it's resources.
>
> I dunno. The latest Remote Desktop Mobile that is built into some Touch
> Diamonds and some Touch Pros has a way to share directories on the PPC
> with
> a laptop computer at the same time you have access to them on the PPC.
> Too
> bad the access is so slow.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: I want to develop UI for windows mobile
Next: DirectDraw