From: r_z_aret on
On Sat, 29 Aug 2009 11:45:49 +0100, Terry Pinnell
<terrypinDELETE(a)THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote:

>"Scott Seligman" <seligman(a)example.com> wrote:
>
>>Terry Pinnell <terrypinDELETE(a)THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote:

>>>So is it possible to open it in *any* way, other than by d-clicking
>>>that icon (or using Explore in AS)?
>>
>>Nope. If the goal is to access it from batch files, then there are
>>tools to enable that (such as my own rapitools), but since the device
>>doesn't act as a file server, there's no way to access it from random
>>applications.
>
>Thanks all, appreciate the replies.
>
>My main reason for asking was to try to automate a frequent procedure.
>I'm doing a lot of experimental trialing of PPC programs following
>replacement of my old iPAQ 2210/2215 (WM 2003) with an HTC Touch Pro 2
>(WM 6.1). For those progs where I download a CAB, I want to write a
>macro with Macro Express Pro to simply copy it to my device for
>subsequent manual execution.

I see two possible solutions

1) A DOS BATch script that uses Scot Seligman's RAPITools to copy one
CAB file to the appropriate place. It could even make the CAB file
read-only before copying

2) A small program that uses RAPI to copy a CAB file, make it
read-only, and "run" it. This would run on your "desktop" (other end
of ActiveSync).

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400