From: Wolfgang Weisselberg on
Pete Stavrakoglou <ntotrr(a)optonline.net> wrote:
> "Wolfgang Weisselberg" <ozcvgtt02(a)sneakemail.com> wrote in message
>> Pete Stavrakoglou <ntotrr(a)optonline.net> wrote:

>>> Comedy is not your thing, don't quit your day job.

>> It's not comedy, it's the plain truth: you *can* fit all Sigma
>> owners in the big blue room with the curious yellow ball ...

> I see that comedy is not your strong suit either.

That must be the reason I don't use Sigma, I don't want to end
up in a comedy scetch ...

-Wolfgang
From: nospam on
In article <vf9pr6-rn5.ln1(a)ID-52418.user.berlin.de>, Wolfgang

> >> It's not comedy, it's the plain truth: you *can* fit all Sigma
> >> owners in the big blue room with the curious yellow ball ...
>
> > I see that comedy is not your strong suit either.
>
> That must be the reason I don't use Sigma, I don't want to end
> up in a comedy scetch ...

odd that you mention that. owning a sigma camera does seem to make
people laugh.
From: michael adams on

> ["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.digital.]
> nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
> > what makes you think these over the counter operations don't tell the
> > customer that they should rent a nikon/canon lens instead? or that the
> > sigma is 'out of stock' when it really means they're all broken? maybe
> > the store stocks 1 sigma lens for every 10 nikon/canon lenses, just to
> > appease the sigma fanbois who require sigma for some reason.
>
> Because that would shatter his conspiracy theory, and thus it
> just can't be.
>
> -Wolfgang

If Sigma lenses are as bad as they claim then why would they stock any
at all ?

Why would they stock even 1 lens ?

If it was rubbish and the "fanbois" were going to bring it back
anyway, then why would they bother to stock even one ?

I've got a theory that you don't actually know what you're talking
about here Wolfgang. But that theory can be easily disproved. Simply
by your providing a sensible answer to my question.

I won't hold my breath.

michael adams

michael adams

From: nospam on
In article <7l0gbjF3au4gcU1(a)mid.individual.net>, michael adams
<mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote:

> If Sigma lenses are as bad as they claim then why would they stock any
> at all ?

because some people don't know any better, and sigma has a couple of
lenses that cover a range no other lens has.

> Why would they stock even 1 lens ?

because some people will buy them.

> If it was rubbish and the "fanbois" were going to bring it back
> anyway, then why would they bother to stock even one ?

fanbois won't bring them back because they typically are blind to
reality. discerning consumers will bring it back if there's a problem,
or not buy it at all.
From: John Navas on
On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:50:57 -0000, "michael adams"
<mjadams25(a)onetel.net.uk> wrote in <7l0gbjF3au4gcU1(a)mid.individual.net>:

>"Wolfgang Weisselberg" <ozcvgtt02(a)sneakemail.com> wrote in message
>> ["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.digital.]
>> nospam <nospam(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> > what makes you think these over the counter operations don't tell the
>> > customer that they should rent a nikon/canon lens instead? or that the
>> > sigma is 'out of stock' when it really means they're all broken? maybe
>> > the store stocks 1 sigma lens for every 10 nikon/canon lenses, just to
>> > appease the sigma fanbois who require sigma for some reason.
>>
>> Because that would shatter his conspiracy theory, and thus it
>> just can't be.

>If Sigma lenses are as bad as they claim then why would they stock any
>at all ?
>
>Why would they stock even 1 lens ?
>
>If it was rubbish and the "fanbois" were going to bring it back
>anyway, then why would they bother to stock even one ?

Presumably because there are customers to whom price is more important
than quality.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Prev: Jupiter
Next: Commenting On Unused Equipment