From: djarjar on
Hi all,

I have a question related to the SIM manager API.
I am trying to read/write data to the SIM card using an HP h6340 PDA and I
can read data but cannot write:
- SimWriteRecord is not working
- simReadRecord is working well

This is very strange that we can easily read but not write.
Do you have any idea?

Could it be due to a problem of application signature? but it seems that it
is not possible to sign application on ppc.

From: Peter Foot [MVP] on
What error (HRESULT) does your write operation give?

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Windows Embedded MVP

From: djarjar on
SimWriteRecord return error code -2013265817 (0x88000067).
I don't know where it is possible to have the list of error code... but I
have been told that this is "command not supported".
Can you confirm?

If this is the case, it is very strange because I don't understand why the
simReadRecord is supported and not the simWriteRecord.

PS: where can I find the list of error code?

From: Peter Foot [MVP] on
The error constants are defined in the header file simmgr.h in the SDK.

Peter

From: djarjar on
ok thanks for the error constants definition ;).

otherwise, any idea how to solve the issue with the SimWriteRecord method
that is not supported?

Firstly I believed that it was due to a security problem but after reading
some article it seems that it is only possible to sign applications on
Smartphone and not on pocket pc.