From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <ub4t1R3yKHA.1236(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, David Marcovitz wrote:
> I knew you would suggest tags, partly because they are a great solution
> for this. I haven't played with them for this, but as I was writing my
> post, I was imagining the code that would have a HideObject procedure
> that would simultaneously move the object off the viewable portion of
> the slide and then add a tag with the current location (but not in that
> order). Then the ShowObject code would simply look in the tag to see
> where the object was supposed to go. I guess I'll have to play with that
> this summer when I teach my multimedia design class again.

Bingo. Or even something like <aircode>

Sub ToggleIt(oSh as Shape)
With oSh
If .Visible Then
' we want to hide it so
Call .Tags.Add("PreviousTop", cStr(.Top))
.Visible = False
' bump it off the slide
.Top = ActivePresentation.PageSetup.SlideHeight + 100
Else
' We want to show it so
.Top = cSng(.Tags("PreviousTop"))
.Visible = True
End If
End With
End Sub

==============================

From: Bill Foley on
Well, Steve's refresh method did nothing. So, for something as simple as
the code below, what would I have to do to make the Q1-1 object appear?

Sub Correct1_1()
ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("Q1-1").Visible = True
ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("P1-1").Visible = True
End Sub

Funny thing, the P1-1 object shows up fine (matter of fact I have 5 of these
and they all show up). However, the Q1-1 through Q1-5 do not!

What would I have to do to make this work in PPT 2007? Man, why did this
happen in the first place? But, more importantly HOW???

Any clues would be appreciated. I would even be happy to send the game file
to you (off-line).

TIA!

Bill Foley

From: Mark on
On Mar 24, 5:31 pm, "Bill Foley" <billfo...(a)aircanopy.net> wrote:
> Well, Steve's refresh method did nothing.  So, for something as simple as
> the code below, what would I have to do to make the Q1-1 object appear?
>
> Sub Correct1_1()
> ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("Q1-1").Visible = True
> ActivePresentation.Slides(3).Shapes("P1-1").Visible = True
> End Sub
>
> Funny thing, the P1-1 object shows up fine (matter of fact I have 5 of these
> and they all show up).  However, the Q1-1 through Q1-5 do not!
>
> What would I have to do to make this work in PPT 2007?  Man, why did this
> happen in the first place?  But, more importantly HOW???
>
> Any clues would be appreciated.  I would even be happy to send the game file
> to you (off-line).
>
> TIA!
>
> Bill Foley
>
> "David Marcovitz" <ma...(a)nospamloyola.edu> wrote in message

> >> Waaal HOWDY Tex!

> >> Several folks have reported similar problems, where making something
> >> invisible/visible in code doesn't change what the user sees on screen in
> >> slide
> >> show view.
>
> >> It might be enough to do a View.GoToSlide(CurrentSlideIndex) to force a
> >> refresh.  If not ... um ... 2010's not far off.
>
> >> ==============================
> >> PPT Frequently Asked Questions
> >>http://www.pptfaq.com/
>
> >> PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
> >>http://www.pptools.com/
>
> > What Steve said and ...
>
> > I started noticing this when I was teaching my class that uses VBA last
> > summer (I had people using 2003, 2004, and 2007 in the class). I found
> > that the best solution was to have the shape move off the viewable area of
> > the screen (e.g., set .Top to 5000). The problem is that you then have to
> > keep track of the original .Top so you can move it back to make it
> > visible. For my non-programming students, it was another annoying layer of
> > complexity.
>
> > By the way, welcome back!
>
> > --David
> > --
> > David M. Marcovitz
> > Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
> >http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
> > Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
> > Associate Professor, Loyola University Maryland- Hide quoted text -

I don't know if it will help you, but I have found that running the
'go to current slide' twice tended to help refresh the screen in my
case (sometimes charts didn't show the proper data after being updated
with data from a Userform, but they seem to work better with a double-
go-to-current-slide). May be worth a try to see if it helps in your
case as well.
From: Karl E. Peterson on
Steve Rindsberg wrote:
> ' bump it off the slide
> .Top = ActivePresentation.PageSetup.SlideHeight + 100

Might be a problem on multimonitor setups?

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Bill Foley on
No go. I have five buttons that when clicked show a text and a point value.
The point values always show (simple text boxes like the other ones).
However, still a NO-GO on the other text boxes. I thought about just having
a rectangle covering the text and having it hide on a trigger, but I still
have code that needs to show the otehr text box. Is there VBA code that
runs a trigger?

By the way, this is RIDICULOUS! I wish one of my clients never downgraded
to PPT 2007!

Bill Foley