From: Bill Foley on
Hey Gang,

I gave up trying to figure out why PPT 2007 works this way and just came up
with a workaround. For some reason it likes to show one text box but not
the other. So what I did was put a rectangle over the "non-showing" text
box, gave it a VBA name, and ran code to set its visible property to FALSE
when I click the button. That worked!

BRING ON PPT 2010!

Bill Foley

From: Chirag on
"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
> Steve Rindsberg wrote:
>> ' bump it off the slide
>> .Top = ActivePresentation.PageSetup.SlideHeight + 100
>
> Might be a problem on multimonitor setups?

Nope. PowerPoint slide show window shows till the slide boundaries only.
Anything beyond those are "clipped".

- Chirag

PowerShow - View multiple PowerPoint slide shows simultaneously
http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/powershow.html

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <egHNXz5yKHA.404(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Karl E. Peterson
wrote:
> Steve Rindsberg wrote:
> > ' bump it off the slide
> > .Top = ActivePresentation.PageSetup.SlideHeight + 100
>
> Might be a problem on multimonitor setups?

Say "Thanks, Chirag". <g>

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <ei0Ucl5yKHA.2644(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Bill Foley wrote:
> Well, Steve's refresh method did nothing. So, for something as simple as
> the code below, what would I have to do to make the Q1-1 object appear?

The GoToSlide refresh or t'other one?

See my reply to David's response to my answer to you.... oohhh my head's
spinning and I think I'm gonna .... 'scuse me, gottarun!

From: David Marcovitz on
I think the problem with Steve's code is that it is made to work if the
shape starts visible and needs to be made invisible. You are trying to
do the opposite so I don't think his code will help. You could start
with the shapes visible, then before going to the slide, make them
invisible (with Steve's or similar code). From that point on it should work.
--David