From: mpc755 on
On Oct 8, 4:50 pm, "papar...(a)gmail.com" <papar...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 oct, 16:40, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > This is a very good piece of work of yours, that provides a very good
> > > proof of Einstein's relativity of simultaneity.
> > > You describe what happens in both the train and the embankment frames..
>
> > > a) Considering the events as observed by M' on the train, the light
> > > fronts coming from points A' and B' arrive to the location of M'
> > > simultaneously, while clearly it is also seen that, as observed by M,
> > > the light front coming from point A' gets to the location of M well
> > > BEFORE arriving to the location of M', while the light front coming
> > > from point B' gets to the location of M well AFTER passing through the
> > > location of M'. Very well done!!!
>
> > > b) Now, you also nicely show the situation as seen from the point of
> > > view of M. Considering the events as observed by M on the embankment,
> > > the light fronts coming from points A and B arrive to the location of
> > > M simultaneously, while clearly it is also seen that, as observed by
> > > M', the light front coming from point A gets to the location of M'
> > > well AFTER arriving to the location of M, while the light front coming
> > > from point B gets to the location of M' well BEFORE passing through
> > > the location of M.
>
> > > Once again, you have proved beyond any doubt the relativity of
> > > simultaneity according to Einstein gedanken. Congratultions.
>
> > > Miguel Rios
>
> > What I am displaying is not Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity.
>
> > In Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity ALL of the light from the
> > lightning strike at A/A' reaches M simultaneously and ALL of the light
> > from the lightning strike A/A' reaches M' simultaneously, and ALL of
> > the light from lightning strike at B/B' reaches M simultaneously, and
> > ALL of the light from the lightning strike at B/B' reaches M'
> > simultaneously.
>
> > This is NOT what I am showing.
>
> > But thanks for agreeing with Simultaneity of Relativity.
>
> No! you are as always ignorant of even what Einstein gedanken says,
> so...
> You are showing four (4) events or flashes instead of the two (2)
> flashes that Einstein used. And, of course, the relativity of
> simultaneity means that those two events while being simultaneous for
> one of the observers (M for instance), will most definitely not be
> simultaneous for the other observer M', and vice versa.
>
> This was already discussed some months ago, so you are clearly trying
> to resurrect a dead cow here.
>
> Miguel Rios

You do not understand Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity.

In Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity the lightning strike at A/A'
is a single event and all of the light from A/A' will reach M
simultaneously.

This is not what is occurring in Simultaneity of Relativity. In
Simultaneity of Relativity, the light from the lightning strike at A'
reaches M prior to the light from A reaching M.
From: PD on
On Oct 8, 3:32 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 3:39 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 8, 11:49 am, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > If the aether is stationary relative to the embankment and stationary
> > > relative to the train, this is what will occur in Einstein's train
> > > thought experiment:
>
> > >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyWTaXMElUk
>
> > Cute.
>
> > Now, keep in mind that the gedanken is an explanatory tool to help
> > understand what relativity says. It is in no way an experiment. Nor
> > has there ever been an experiment done involving a train to test
> > relativity's claims.
>
> > However, there HAVE been experiments done that are similar in concept
> > to the train set-up, at least in terms of the underlying physics.
>
> > And what's interesting is that the experimental results are consistent
> > with relativity and not with the scheme that you've drawn. Already.
>
> Yes, because the tests are performed within a single aether.

So is your train picture. And the experimental results are not
consistent with your movie.
From: paparios on
On 8 oct, 16:57, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 4:50 pm, "papar...(a)gmail.com" <papar...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What I am displaying is not Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity.
>
> > > In Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity ALL of the light from the
> > > lightning strike at A/A' reaches M simultaneously and ALL of the light
> > > from the lightning strike A/A' reaches M' simultaneously, and ALL of
> > > the light from lightning strike at B/B' reaches M simultaneously, and
> > > ALL of the light from the lightning strike at B/B' reaches M'
> > > simultaneously.
>
> > > This is NOT what I am showing.
>
> > > But thanks for agreeing with Simultaneity of Relativity.
>
> > No! you are as always ignorant of even what Einstein gedanken says,
> > so...
> > You are showing four (4) events or flashes instead of the two (2)
> > flashes that Einstein used. And, of course, the relativity of
> > simultaneity means that those two events while being simultaneous for
> > one of the observers (M for instance), will most definitely not be
> > simultaneous for the other observer M', and vice versa.
>
> > This was already discussed some months ago, so you are clearly trying
> > to resurrect a dead cow here.
>
> > Miguel Rios
>
> You do not understand Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity.
>
> In Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity the lightning strike at A/A'
> is a single event and all of the light from A/A' will reach M
> simultaneously.
>
> This is not what is occurring in Simultaneity of Relativity. In
> Simultaneity of Relativity, the light from the lightning strike at A'
> reaches M prior to the light from A reaching M

No it is you who, clearly, does not understand any physics.
If you now are asserting that the strikes are simultaneous at points A
and A', then your video is totally bogus since you are clearly showing
two circles growing one from point A and the other from point A' and
hence they are not moving at the same speed.

Miguel Rios
From: PD on
On Oct 8, 3:55 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 4:47 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What I am displaying is not Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity.
>
> > > In Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity ALL of the light from the
> > > lightning strike at A/A' reaches M simultaneously and ALL of the light
> > > from the lightning strike A/A' reaches M' simultaneously, and ALL of
> > > the light from lightning strike at B/B' reaches M simultaneously, and
> > > ALL of the light from the lightning strike at B/B' reaches M'
> > > simultaneously.
>
> > No, that is NOT what Einstein's train gedanken says happens, at all.
> > Good heavens. It appears you don't know what SR says.
>
> > Right on your YouTube video page you'll see a much better video that
> > DOES say what Einstein's train gedanken says. You'll see it's much
> > different than what you just wrote above.
>
> I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The only point I am
> trying to make to the other poster is the light from A' does not reach
> M prior to the light from A reaching M in Einstein's train thought
> experiment. In Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity the lightning
> strike at A/A' is a single event and ALL of the light from the
> lightning strike at A/A' reaches M simultaneously.

No sir. The lighting strikes at A/A' are two separate events. You have
a mistaken idea of what "event" means in relativity. An event, as
defined for this purpose, is something that happens at a particular
place and a particular time, not just at a particular time. And since
A and A' happen at different places, they are separate events.

Secondly, the gedanken doesn't say that the light doesn't arrive at M
simultaneously. It says that it doesn't arrive at M' simultaneously.
It's apparent that you don't know what the train gedanken description
is. Have you tried to read it?

From: mpc755 on
On Oct 8, 5:09 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 3:55 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > No, that is NOT what Einstein's train gedanken says happens, at all.
> > > Good heavens. It appears you don't know what SR says.
>
> > > Right on your YouTube video page you'll see a much better video that
> > > DOES say what Einstein's train gedanken says. You'll see it's much
> > > different than what you just wrote above.
>
> > I think you misunderstood what I was saying. The only point I am
> > trying to make to the other poster is the light from A' does not reach
> > M prior to the light from A reaching M in Einstein's train thought
> > experiment. In Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity the lightning
> > strike at A/A' is a single event and ALL of the light from the
> > lightning strike at A/A' reaches M simultaneously.
>
> No sir. The lighting strikes at A/A' are two separate events. You have
> a mistaken idea of what "event" means in relativity. An event, as
> defined for this purpose, is something that happens at a particular
> place and a particular time, not just at a particular time. And since
> A and A' happen at different places, they are separate events.
>
> Secondly, the gedanken doesn't say that the light doesn't arrive at M
> simultaneously. It says that it doesn't arrive at M' simultaneously.
> It's apparent that you don't know what the train gedanken description
> is. Have you tried to read it?

The light from A/A' reaches M simultaneously in Einstein's Train
Thought Experiment. If you do not understand this point in Einstein's
Train Thought Experiment when discussing Relativity of Simultaneity,
you are clueless.