From: PD on
On Oct 8, 4:55 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 5:45 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > What I am displaying is not Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity.
>
> > > In Einstein's Relativity of Simultaneity ALL of the light from the
> > > lightning strike at A/A' reaches M simultaneously and ALL of the light
> > > from the lightning strike A/A' reaches M' simultaneously, and ALL of
> > > the light from lightning strike at B/B' reaches M simultaneously, and
> > > ALL of the light from the lightning strike at B/B' reaches M'
> > > simultaneously.
>
> > > This is NOT what I am showing.
>
> > > But thanks for agreeing with Simultaneity of Relativity.- Hide quoted text -

> > Sorry, I've fouled this up.
>
> > What Einstein's gedanken says is that the light from A/A' and the
> > light from B/B' arrive simultaneously at M and NOT simultaneously at
> > M'.
>
> > And if this were viewed from M', because the propagation toward M' is
> > c from either A/A' or B/B', then it would be clear that events at A
> > and B were not simultaneous.
>
> > PD
>
> OK, at least you now understand Relativity of Simultaneity.
>
> In Simultaneity of Relativity, both frames are equal.

That's all well and good, but experiment agrees with Einstein, not
with your picture.

> Consider the
> aether to be 'entrained' by the embankment in the embankment frame of
> reference and for the aether to be 'entrained' by the train in the
> train frame of reference.

OK, but the train observer could well be sitting on top of the train
out in the open air, right along with the air that is surrounding the
embankment.
So unless you've got overlapping aethers, one passing through the
other, then there would have to be a boundary between the two moving
masses of aether, where they are rubbing up against each other. And in
that case, there would be a region of aether in between where it is
moving somewhat in between what the two entrained aethers are moving.
And then just by moving, say, the embankment observer a little closer
to the train, or the train observer a little to one side, then you'd
start seeing the effect of the aether moving at a speed somewhat in
between. However, this is not observed in equivalent experiments.

This is what I mean by following the implications of an idea all the
way through to look for *uniquely distinguishing* predictions. I've
just given an example of a clear implication of AD, one that would be
testable. And unfortunately, it doesn't match experiment. So it's
gotta be wrong.

> Where the light travels from is dependent on how the frame of
> reference is interacting with the aether. Since the aether is
> stationary in the embankment reference frame the light travels from A
> and B to M and since the aether is stationary in the train reference
> frame the light travels from A' and B' to M' simultaneously.
>
> The light from A and B reaches M and the light from A' and B' reaches
> M' simultaneously.

Nope, that doesn't match what happens in related experiments. Sorry.

From: mpc755 on
On Oct 8, 6:07 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 4:55 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Sorry, I've fouled this up.
>
> > > What Einstein's gedanken says is that the light from A/A' and the
> > > light from B/B' arrive simultaneously at M and NOT simultaneously at
> > > M'.
>
> > > And if this were viewed from M', because the propagation toward M' is
> > > c from either A/A' or B/B', then it would be clear that events at A
> > > and B were not simultaneous.
>
> > > PD
>
> > OK, at least you now understand Relativity of Simultaneity.
>
> > In Simultaneity of Relativity, both frames are equal.
>
> That's all well and good, but experiment agrees with Einstein, not
> with your picture.

How would you know? You just figured out what Relativity of
Simultaneity is two minutes ago.

> > Consider the
> > aether to be 'entrained' by the embankment in the embankment frame of
> > reference and for the aether to be 'entrained' by the train in the
> > train frame of reference.
>
> OK, but the train observer could well be sitting on top of the train
> out in the open air, right along with the air that is surrounding the
> embankment.
> So unless you've got overlapping aethers, one passing through the
> other, then there would have to be a boundary between the two moving
> masses of aether, where they are rubbing up against each other. And in
> that case, there would be a region of aether in between where it is
> moving somewhat in between what the two entrained aethers are moving.
> And then just by moving, say, the embankment observer a little closer
> to the train, or the train observer a little to one side, then you'd
> start seeing the effect of the aether moving at a speed somewhat in
> between. However, this is not observed in equivalent experiments.

Post a link to the experiments you are referring to.

> This is what I mean by following the implications of an idea all the
> way through to look for *uniquely distinguishing* predictions. I've
> just given an example of a clear implication of AD, one that would be
> testable. And unfortunately, it doesn't match experiment. So it's
> gotta be wrong.

Experiments like de Sitter and the double star?

'De Sitter double star experiment'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Sitter_double_star_experiment

'the "fast" light given off during approach would be able to catch up
with and even overtake "slow" light emitted earlier during a
recessional part of the star's orbit, and the star would present an
image that was scrambled and out of sequence.'

This is an oversimplification of what is occurring. The aether around
each star is entrained by the star, so emitter theory is in effect
close to the star.

But the aether surrounding both stars acts as a singleton and the
aether travels at 'c' through this aether.

That is why the light from double stars is not scrambled.

From: PD on
On Oct 8, 5:20 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 6:07 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > OK, at least you now understand Relativity of Simultaneity.
>
> > > In Simultaneity of Relativity, both frames are equal.
>
> > That's all well and good, but experiment agrees with Einstein, not
> > with your picture.
>
> How would you know? You just figured out what Relativity of
> Simultaneity is two minutes ago.

:>)
Well, I certainly did have difficulty explaining it right at first.

But the experimental stuff has been figured out a long time ago.

> > > Consider the
> > > aether to be 'entrained' by the embankment in the embankment frame of
> > > reference and for the aether to be 'entrained' by the train in the
> > > train frame of reference.
>
> > OK, but the train observer could well be sitting on top of the train
> > out in the open air, right along with the air that is surrounding the
> > embankment.
> > So unless you've got overlapping aethers, one passing through the
> > other, then there would have to be a boundary between the two moving
> > masses of aether, where they are rubbing up against each other. And in
> > that case, there would be a region of aether in between where it is
> > moving somewhat in between what the two entrained aethers are moving.
> > And then just by moving, say, the embankment observer a little closer
> > to the train, or the train observer a little to one side, then you'd
> > start seeing the effect of the aether moving at a speed somewhat in
> > between. However, this is not observed in equivalent experiments.
>
> Post a link to the experiments you are referring to.

Google "experimental basis for relativity"

> > This is what I mean by following the implications of an idea all the
> > way through to look for *uniquely distinguishing* predictions. I've
> > just given an example of a clear implication of AD, one that would be
> > testable. And unfortunately, it doesn't match experiment. So it's
> > gotta be wrong.
>
> Experiments like de Sitter and the double star?

No. That has to do with something else entirely.
That has to do with a test that distinguishes ballistic emission
theory and relativity.
Nothing to do with simultaneity.

From: mpc755 on
On Oct 8, 6:52 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 5:20 pm, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > That's all well and good, but experiment agrees with Einstein, not
> > > with your picture.
>
> > How would you know? You just figured out what Relativity of
> > Simultaneity is two minutes ago.
>
> :>)
> Well, I certainly did have difficulty explaining it right at first.
>
> But the experimental stuff has been figured out a long time ago.

> > > OK, but the train observer could well be sitting on top of the train
> > > out in the open air, right along with the air that is surrounding the
> > > embankment.
> > > So unless you've got overlapping aethers, one passing through the
> > > other, then there would have to be a boundary between the two moving
> > > masses of aether, where they are rubbing up against each other. And in
> > > that case, there would be a region of aether in between where it is
> > > moving somewhat in between what the two entrained aethers are moving.
> > > And then just by moving, say, the embankment observer a little closer
> > > to the train, or the train observer a little to one side, then you'd
> > > start seeing the effect of the aether moving at a speed somewhat in
> > > between. However, this is not observed in equivalent experiments.
>
> > Post a link to the experiments you are referring to.
>
> Google "experimental basis for relativity"

If you say this is not observed in equivalent experiments, you should
be willing and able to backup up such a statement with specifics.

But, since you just figured out what Relativity of Simultaneity is
five minutes ago, its understandable you can't backup the claims you
make.

> > > This is what I mean by following the implications of an idea all the
> > > way through to look for *uniquely distinguishing* predictions. I've
> > > just given an example of a clear implication of AD, one that would be
> > > testable. And unfortunately, it doesn't match experiment. So it's
> > > gotta be wrong.
>
> > Experiments like de Sitter and the double star?
>
> No. That has to do with something else entirely.
> That has to do with a test that distinguishes ballistic emission
> theory and relativity.
> Nothing to do with simultaneity.

Simultaneity of Relativity is emission theory in an entrained aether.

From: doug on

mpc755 wrote:

> On Oct 8, 6:52 pm, PD <thedraperfam...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>>>How would you know? You just figured out what Relativity of
>>>Simultaneity is two minutes ago.
>>
>>:>)
>>Well, I certainly did have difficulty explaining it right at first.
>>
>>But the experimental stuff has been figured out a long time ago.

>>>Post a link to the experiments you are referring to.
>>
>>Google "experimental basis for relativity"
>>

> If you say this is not observed in equivalent experiments, you should
> be willing and able to backup up such a statement with specifics.

So do you need us to show you how to use google? I know you do
not know any physics but I thought you might know how to do
a search.

> But, since you just figured out what Relativity of Simultaneity is
> five minutes ago, its understandable you can't backup the claims you
> make.

Well, the crank is getting testy. You are too lazy to use google to
look up anything and then you make stupid statements like this.