From: Ron on
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/transports/high-definition-dvd-players-hd-dvd-blu-ray/lexicon-bd-30-blu-ray-oppo-clone/oppo-inside-lexicon-outside-1

Sorry for long url

Ron(UK)
From: Arkansan Raider on
Wow.

Lexi-con is a very apt name for what they've done.

---Jeff
From: Arny Krueger on
"Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
> http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/transports/high-definition-dvd-players-hd-dvd-blu-ray/lexicon-bd-30-blu-ray-oppo-clone/oppo-inside-lexicon-outside-1

> Sorry for long url

Not the first example of this and not the last, in all liklihood.

One of the high end audio companies was tucking a mid-priced Pioneer into a
larger box with new audio output buffers and power supplies, and calling it
their own for a similar price premium.

In another case a megabuck high end optical disc player sitting in a
milled-from-solid billet aluminum case turned out to use a transport from a
boom box. It was probably a really good transport, despite its humble
origins...

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote in message
> "Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/transports/high-definition-dvd-players-hd-dvd-blu-ray/lexicon-bd-30-blu-ray-oppo-clone/oppo-inside-lexicon-outside-1
>
>> Sorry for long url
>

> Not the first example of this and not the last, in all liklihood.

Even happens in the Pro Live sound market place, the area of interest to
this newsgroup
look at teh "Midas" venice product and you can clearly see rebadged garbage
from budget makers
George

From: geoff on
George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
> "Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com> wrote in message
>> "Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
>>> http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/transports/high-definition-dvd-players-hd-dvd-blu-ray/lexicon-bd-30-blu-ray-oppo-clone/oppo-inside-lexicon-outside-1
>>
>>> Sorry for long url
>>

>> Not the first example of this and not the last, in all liklihood.
>
> Even happens in the Pro Live sound market place, the area of interest
> to this newsgroup
> look at teh "Midas" venice product and you can clearly see rebadged
> garbage from budget makers
> George

Next we find a Lexi-con PCM70 is really an Alesis with a fascia change ?

geoff

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: DR-2606 Question