From: Richard Webb on
On Fri 2038-Jan-22 04:21, Ron writes:
>>> This is what happens when possibly well meaning people cross post to
>>> r.a.p
<snip>
> real Bob doesn't normally post here in this group, he's a
> recording hobbyist mostly.
<snip again>
> Well absolutely, I`ve always thought 'rec.audio.pro' to be an
> oxymoron. I have no beef with anyone in any newsgroup, we all have
> our faults. Tho some people seem to only be here to cause trouble.

THe pro in r.a.[. stands for production actually, at least
in the original group charter. A lot of people assume
professional, but not so. THerefore, if it's relevant to
capture and production of the audio we hear through these
electronic boxes it's relevant to r.a.p. and hence a high
ddiletante factor.

> Almost everyone from a.a.p.l-s with whom I`ve corresponded or spoken
> with privately, (certainly the pros) have usually proven to be quite
> removed from their individual internet persona - there are one or two
R> notable exceptions...
I"m sure this is true, and same with my observation.

> It`s interesting to me that the people who seem to cause the most
> trouble on a.a.p.l-s, are not audio professionals but 'enthusiastic
> amateurs'

YEs, it is at that.
I've found that to be true for the most part, and I"ve
participated in this group since it was formed.

Regards,
Richard
From: Ron on
On 22/01/2010 19:07, Richard Webb wrote:
> <snip>
>> real Bob doesn't normally post here in this group, he's a
>> recording hobbyist mostly.
> <snip again>
>> Well absolutely, I`ve always thought 'rec.audio.pro' to be an
>> oxymoron. I have no beef with anyone in any newsgroup, we all have
>> our faults. Tho some people seem to only be here to cause trouble.
>
> THe pro in r.a.[. stands for production actually, at least
> in the original group charter. A lot of people assume
> professional, but not so. THerefore, if it's relevant to
> capture and production of the audio we hear through these
> electronic boxes it's relevant to r.a.p. and hence a high
> ddiletante factor.

Ahh rightoh. It becomes a little clearer now.

Ron
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Richard Webb" <Richard.Webb.my.foot(a)116-901.ftn.wpusa.dynip.com> wrote in
message news:ba9_201001221005(a)ftn.wpusa.dynip.com...
> <snip>
>> real Bob doesn't normally post here in this group, he's a
>> recording hobbyist mostly.
> <snip again>
>> Well absolutely, I`ve always thought 'rec.audio.pro' to be an
>> oxymoron. I have no beef with anyone in any newsgroup, we all have
>> our faults. Tho some people seem to only be here to cause trouble.
>
> THe pro in r.a.[. stands for production actually, at least
> in the original group charter. A lot of people assume
> professional, but not so. THerefore, if it's relevant to
> capture and production of the audio we hear through these
> electronic boxes it's relevant to r.a.p. and hence a high
> ddiletante factor.
>
>> Almost everyone from a.a.p.l-s with whom I`ve corresponded or spoken
>> with privately, (certainly the pros) have usually proven to be quite
>> removed from their individual internet persona - there are one or two
> R> notable exceptions...
> I"m sure this is true, and same with my observation.
>

>> It`s interesting to me that the people who seem to cause the most
>> trouble on a.a.p.l-s, are not audio professionals but 'enthusiastic
>> amateurs'
>
> YEs, it is at that.
> I've found that
> to be true for the most part, and I"ve
> participated in this group since it was formed.

Hey don't go ruining my reputation :-)

From: Ron on
On 22/01/2010 19:19, George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
> "Richard Webb"<Richard.Webb.my.foot(a)116-901.ftn.wpusa.dynip.com> wrote in
> message news:ba9_201001221005(a)ftn.wpusa.dynip.com...
>> <snip>
>>> real Bob doesn't normally post here in this group, he's a
>>> recording hobbyist mostly.
>> <snip again>
>>> Well absolutely, I`ve always thought 'rec.audio.pro' to be an
>>> oxymoron. I have no beef with anyone in any newsgroup, we all have
>>> our faults. Tho some people seem to only be here to cause trouble.
>>
>> THe pro in r.a.[. stands for production actually, at least
>> in the original group charter. A lot of people assume
>> professional, but not so. THerefore, if it's relevant to
>> capture and production of the audio we hear through these
>> electronic boxes it's relevant to r.a.p. and hence a high
>> ddiletante factor.
>>
>>> Almost everyone from a.a.p.l-s with whom I`ve corresponded or spoken
>>> with privately, (certainly the pros) have usually proven to be quite
>>> removed from their individual internet persona - there are one or two
>> R> notable exceptions...
>> I"m sure this is true, and same with my observation.
>>

>>> It`s interesting to me that the people who seem to cause the most
>>> trouble on a.a.p.l-s, are not audio professionals but 'enthusiastic
>>> amateurs'
>>
>> YEs, it is at that.
>> I've found that
>> to be true for the most part, and I"ve
>> participated in this group since it was formed.
>>
> Hey don't go ruining my reputation :-)

You've been very quiet lately. How was that new little Yamaha desk you
bought btw?

Ron(UK)
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
> On 22/01/2010 19:19, George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>> "Richard Webb"<Richard.Webb.my.foot(a)116-901.ftn.wpusa.dynip.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:ba9_201001221005(a)ftn.wpusa.dynip.com...
>>> <snip>
>>> <snip again>
>>>
>>> THe pro in r.a.[. stands for production actually, at least
>>> in the original group charter. A lot of people assume
>>> professional, but not so. THerefore, if it's relevant to
>>> capture and production of the audio we hear through these
>>> electronic boxes it's relevant to r.a.p. and hence a high
>>> ddiletante factor.

>>> I"m sure this is true, and same with my observation.

>>> YEs, it is at that.
>>> I've found
>>> that
>>> to be true for the most part, and I"ve
>>> participated in this group since it was formed.
>>>
>> Hey don't go ruining my reputation :-)

> You've been very quiet lately. How was that new little Yamaha desk you
> bought btw?
>
> Ron(UK)

it is easily the best 500$ mixer I have with 16 mic pres
the comps are a gimmick
it is light weith with a molded frame, I question its life on the road
but it sound clean, the meters are useful, no mix buss issues,
sounds better IMO than a mixwiz or 1604, though I doubt it is as rugged
george

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Slightly OT - Who's being conned