From: baron on
houghi Inscribed thus:

> mjt wrote:
>> I'm running with almost all the eye-candy on KDE and
>> I have zero X issues. Rotating the virtual desktop cube
>> is just as fast. Cover Switch is just as quick with about
>> 10 app windows running. Am able to switch to tty1-6
>> no problem. gkrellm is running about 1.5% CPU.
>>
>> Have you run top to see if someone is stealing cpu?
>
> I was sure I gave the info, but due to changing desktops a few times,
> I re-started writing the article and it must dropped somewhere.
>
> I checked with top and it was Xorg that went to 100% not gtkrellm.
> I found out that it was gkrellm by closing everything and then opening
> all the programs one by one again that were running by default.
>
> What happens is that the screen, mouse and keyboard hang in X. Sound
> is not affected. In tty1 the keyboard is not affected, so it is as if
> only the showing of the screen is affected somehow.
>
> houghi

I run Gkrellm as well and don't have any X issues with it.
"OpenSuse.11.1" Athlon 1500, 1Gb ram Sis660 VGA set @ 16Mb.
Only complaint is that the screensaver takes the CPU to 99%.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
From: mjt on
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:44:39 +0200
houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:

> mjt wrote:
> > Stefan Dirsch 2010-07-21 11:54:42 UTC
> > Unfortunately we can't track any NVIDIA driver bugs filed
> > against openSUSE in Novell's bugzilla. Please complain
> > directly to NVIDIA. Thanks.
>
> Guessed someting like that. I will wait what they say.

They already said it to you :)

What I posted previously - THAT IS the reply to your bug report.

Bug 624235 - gkrellm makes the GUI sluggish with official NVidea driver
Status = RESOLVED
Resolution = INVALID
Stefan Dirsch 2010-07-21 11:54:42 UTC
Unfortunately we can't track any NVIDIA driver bugs filed against
openSUSE in Novell's bugzilla. Please complain directly to NVIDIA.
Thanks.

--
Show me a man who is a good loser and I'll show you a man who is
playing golf with his boss.

From: Vahis on
On 2010-07-21, Vahis <waxborg(a)gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> On 2010-07-20, houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:
>> I have noticed that when I am running `gkrellm` I have an extremely
>> sluggish X. Would anybody be so nice and try it out if the same happens?
>>

> Host 11.2 and guest in VBox 11.3:
>
> If gkrellm runs in host, guest is sluggish, host is good.
> If grellm runs in guest it becomes sluggish, host is good

Another combo: Host 11.2 KDE (as before), but now guest 11.3 LXDE.

Both running gkrellm, no sluggishness or jerkiness in either.

Vahis
--
http://waxborg.servepics.com
openSUSE 11.3 (x86_64) 2.6.34-12-desktop
From: mjt on
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:44:27 GMT
Vahis <waxborg(a)gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> On 2010-07-21, Vahis <waxborg(a)gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> > On 2010-07-20, houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:
> >> I have noticed that when I am running `gkrellm` I have an extremely
> >> sluggish X. Would anybody be so nice and try it out if the same
> >> happens?
> >
> > Host 11.2 and guest in VBox 11.3:
> >
> > If gkrellm runs in host, guest is sluggish, host is good.
> > If grellm runs in guest it becomes sluggish, host is good
>
> Another combo: Host 11.2 KDE (as before), but now guest 11.3 LXDE.
>
> Both running gkrellm, no sluggishness or jerkiness in either.

Maybe it's an XFCE thing - I believe houghi mentioned using XFCE.

--
Pohl's law:
Nothing is so good that somebody, somewhere, will not hate it.

From: Vahis on
On 2010-07-21, houghi <houghi(a)houghi.org.invalid> wrote:
> mjt wrote:
>> Maybe it's an XFCE thing - I believe houghi mentioned using XFCE.
>
> I also mentioned that I killed a puppie and a kitten and the same
> problem happend there.

Did you try LXDE? It seems to work well here.

Vahis
--
http://waxborg.servepics.com
openSUSE 11.3 (x86_64) 2.6.34-12-desktop
22:26pm up 7 days 8:13, 3 users, load average: 0.11, 0.33, 0.38
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: NVIDIA repo for 11.3 is up
Next: Aaarrgggghh Google images