From: avi on
when i click on "start Speech recognition" i get an error message
"the wizard could not start" and it say's something about making sure that
my audio hardware is working good and the check my audio configuration...

but the this is... my speakers are fine.. and the sound is perfect... can
anyone help?

From: terri on
You probably need to check the microphone. Look in the control panel under
Sounds and then click the Recording tab to check the mic.
--
Terri Stratton
http://thetabletpc.net

From: avi on
i know that and its ok.. i mean, i tried the "sound recorder" and everything
is fine.. and its still say's this when i press start speech recognition:
"make sure that your audio hardware is working properly and checky your
audio configuration in the audio devices and sound themes control panel"

From: Chris H. on
Which Tablet PC are you on? Do you have an external voice-enable
microphone, or are you using the internal, built-in mic? In Control
Panel/Speech, have you used the Configure Microphone button on the Speech
Recognition tab?
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

From: avi on
i have a logitech USB headset with microphone and also logitech webcam with
build-in microphone.... both of them are working good in "sound recorder"...
and i tried the Configure Microphone option... and i get the same message..
but again... the microphones work great in "sound recorder" and i updated all
the drivers... so i dont know what is the problem... (i wanna use the Speech
recognition so badly... please help)

"Chris H." wrote:

> Which Tablet PC are you on? Do you have an external voice-enable
> microphone, or are you using the internal, built-in mic? In Control
> Panel/Speech, have you used the Configure Microphone button on the Speech
> Recognition tab?
> --
> Chris H.
> Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC
> Associate Expert
>

> "avi" <avi(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i know that and its ok.. i mean, i tried the "sound recorder" and
> >everything
> > is fine.. and its still say's this when i press start speech recognition:
> > "make sure that your audio hardware is working properly and checky your
> > audio configuration in the audio devices and sound themes control panel"
> >
> > "terri" wrote:
> >
> >> You probably need to check the microphone. Look in the control panel
> >> under
> >> Sounds and then click the Recording tab to check the mic.
> >> --
> >> Terri Stratton
> >> http://thetabletpc.net
> >> Microsoft Featured Community
> >> Microsoft Windows MVP - Tablet PC
> >> Visit our site for Origami PCs - http://writepc.com
> >>
> >> "avi" <avi(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: WinXP Pro to TabletPC
Next: english language version