From: Maja on
Hello,
I've just bought an Acer C312 with a German Windows xp Tablet PC Edition and
ufortunately I don't speak any German. In that case I'd like to change it
into the English one.
Is it possible with any recovery CD with an English version (I have one from
my old Acer C110)? Will it be still legal?
If or it wouldn't wor or is not legal how can I buy an installation CD?

Maja
From: Chris H. on
You would need to contact the manufacturer or the sales company where you
bought the Tablet PC for the correct media for your new system.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

From: Rainald Taesler on
Maja wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just bought an Acer C312 with a German Windows xp Tablet PC
> Edition and ufortunately I don't speak any German. In that case I'd
> like to change it into the English one.

Didn't you get the MUI pack?

Rainald

From: Maja on
Well the problem is I bought it on eBay and it contained only recovery CD
German. And I couldn't find there any MUI files. The thing is that MUI is
created only for English version.
Maja

From: Chris H. on
A MUI pack for the operating system is only available for corporate
entities, not the general public. Since the purchaser bought the Tablet PC
from someone through EBay, it would be the seller's responsibility to
furnish the proper operating system/software. Whether it was sold as a
German language machine is probably only known to the seller and buyer, and
not the responsibility of Microsoft or the original manufacturer.