From: Henri Wilson on
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:11:45 GMT, Sam Wormley <swormley1(a)mchsi.com> wrote:

>Henri Wilson wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:07:32 GMT, Sam Wormley <swormley1(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Empirical Data: Speed of light is constant for all observers.
>>

>> Correct!!
>>
>> Empirical Data shows that the TWO WAY speed of light has been measured as
>> constant and equal to c over many years and with a variety of techniques.
>>

> One way from GPS satellites is right onb the money!

The correction for transverse doppler exactly cancels the 'c+v' effect.

HW.
www.users.bigpond.com/hewn/index.htm

Sometimes I feel like a complete failure.
The most useful thing I have ever done is prove Einstein wrong.
From: Henri Wilson on
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:13:18 GMT, Sam Wormley <swormley1(a)mchsi.com> wrote:

>Henri Wilson wrote:
>> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:52:39 GMT, Sam Wormley <swormley1(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
>>

>>>kenseto wrote:

> The speed of light is constant.

'c' is a universal constant.

Light moves at 'c' wrt its source.

From: Henri Wilson on
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:18:58 +0000 (UTC), bz <bz+sp(a)ch100-5.chem.lsu.edu>
wrote:

>"kenseto" <kenseto(a)erinet.com> wrote in news:QVe0e.9440$rL3.8762
>@fe2.columbus.rr.com:
>

>> Light path length of ruler (299,792,458m)/the absolute time content for a
>> clock second co-moving with the ruler.
>>

>how do you get different photons to move at different speeds with respect
>to a single frame of reference?

Why shouldn't they? (in pure vacuum)

>Why, when we measure the speed of those photons, do the photons seem to
>move at the same speed?

Silly boy. Nobody has measured the OW speed of light under any circumstance.

>In a recent post you say:
>

>> What I said is that any observed Doppler
>> shift from a distant source moving wrt the observer is due to different
>> speed of light and not due to the changing of the wave length.
>>

>How distant must the source be? Why must it be distant? I can't see any
>reason that photons from a distance source should be different from those
>from a nearby source.

The effect will only work in a pure vacuum....far purer than anything we can
produce here.

>In my mind, 5 feet is distant compared to the wavelength of light. Will you
>allow me to call 5 feet 'distant'?

ULF wavelengths are longer.
They are EM.

From: Sam Wormley on
Henri Wilson wrote:

> The correction for transverse doppler exactly cancels the 'c+v' effect.
>

> Sometimes I feel like a complete failure.
> The most useful thing I have ever done is prove Einstein wrong.

You wouldn't be so stooopid, Henri, if you leart some physics.

From: Sam Wormley on
Henri Wilson wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:13:18 GMT, Sam Wormley <swormley1(a)mchsi.com> wrote:
>

>>Henri Wilson wrote:

>> The speed of light is constant.
>

> 'c' is a universal constant.
>
> Light moves at 'c' wrt its source.

And light moves at 'c' wrt its observers!