From: Sam Wormley on

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Ken+H.+Seto%22+site%3Awww.crank.net
http://www.google.com/search?q=seto+fumble+site%3Ausers.pandora.be

From: Tom Roberts on
kenseto wrote:
> "Tom Roberts" <tjroberts(a)lucent.com> wrote in message
>>It is not mathematically possible for OWLS to be isotropic and have a
>>value different from TWLS, which is known to be c for any
>>locally-inertial measurement (including numerous highly-accurate
>>laboratory measurements).
>
> For a specific distance of separation between the two synchronized clocks
> OWLS can be measured to be the same in all directions (isotropic). However,
> the value of OWLS is not c because of the absolute motion of the distant
> clock is in the vertical direction.

I rigidly nailed both clocks to the surface of the earth, so there is no
vertical motion of either clock, "absolute" or otherwise (and I wait
until there is no earthquake (:-)).

> This causes the first portion of the
> light ray to miss the detector

All of the light rays hit the detector. I aimed them so this is true.

Tom Roberts tjroberts(a)lucent.com
From: kenseto on

> kenseto wrote:
> > "Tom Roberts" <tjroberts(a)lucent.com> wrote in message
> >>It is not mathematically possible for OWLS to be isotropic and have a
> >>value different from TWLS, which is known to be c for any
> >>locally-inertial measurement (including numerous highly-accurate
> >>laboratory measurements).
> >
> > For a specific distance of separation between the two synchronized
clocks
> > OWLS can be measured to be the same in all directions (isotropic).
However,
> > the value of OWLS is not c because of the absolute motion of the distant
> > clock is in the vertical direction.
>
> I rigidly nailed both clocks to the surface of the earth, so there is no
> vertical motion of either clock, "absolute" or otherwise (and I wait
> until there is no earthquake (:-)).

Sigh....absolute motion is that motion of the distant clock in the vertical
direction wrt the defined horizontal light ray. The observed gravitational
red shift in the vertical direction is due to absolute motion in the
vertical direction.

> > This causes the first portion of the
> > light ray to miss the detector
>
> All of the light rays hit the detector. I aimed them so this is true.

Your assertion would mean that the leading edge of the light ray (the first
photon in a train of photons) will hit the detector. This assertion will
violate the Uncertainty Principle.

Ken Seto

From: PD on

> > > Sigh....All objects are observed to be moving wrt us and the
universe
> > is
> > > observed to be in a state of accelerated expansion. Therefore all
> > objects in
> > > the universe are in a state of moving.
> >
> > Oh, come on. My coffee cup is not moving with respect to the table.
>
> But you can't use the table as reference for absolute motion (motion
in
> space). The table is in a state of absolute motion in space.
Therefore your
> coffee cup is also in a state of absolute motion in space.

And you know this *how*? I am pointing out to you that it is easy to
establish whether two objects are in relative motion, but I have no
idea how you establish whether any single object is in absolute motion.
What is your test for establishing that, other than saying "it just
is"?

> >And
> > just because the *center* of the next galaxy happens to be moving
with
> > respect to the *center* of this galaxy does not mean that every
star in
> > that galaxy is moving with respect to our sun.
>
> You keep on using other objects as reference for absolute motion.
This is
> bogus. Absolute motion is not wrt any visible object.

Then what IS absolute motion with respect to? If you say the E-matrix,
then how do you KNOW that every visible object is in motion with
respect to it?

> >I'll give you a simple
> > example. I'm driving along a road at 20 mph and I throw my
Mickey-D's
> > French Fry wrapper backwards out the window at 20 mph. Is the
wrapper
> > moving or not, and with respect to what?
>
> Both you and the wrapper are in the same state of absolute motion
before you
> throw it. After you throw it (apply a force to it) the wrapper will
have a
> different state of absolute motion than you.

Those are relative statements, note -- same state of motion, different
state of motion. You keep using other objects as reference for absolute
motion. This is bogus. (Quoting you, note.) What is the absolute motion
of the wrapper?

> > I'll give you another example. Suppose I look at the relative
motion of
> > all the dots painted onto a balloon that is inflating. But the
balloon
> > is also resting on the table, and one of the painted dots is
precisely
> > at the point of contact between the table and the inflating
balloon.
> > Note that, as the balloon inflates, ALL of the dots are in a state
of
> > relative motion, including the one at the point of contact. But if
the
> > table defined zero velocity, there is one dot that is not moving,
even
> > though it has the same relative motion status as all the other dots
on
> > the balloon.
>
> Sigh....same example as above. You use the table as reference for
absolute
> motion. This is a bogus assumption. The table is also in a state of
absolute
> motion.

Yeah, but suppose that there is one object in the universe that has
zero absolute motion.

> > It is simply NOT an empirical fact that everything is moving
relative
> > to everything else, and it is also thus an improper conclusion from
> > that that everything is in a state of *absolute* motion.
>
> It is an emperical fact that everything is in a state of absolute
motion.

Reference please. The only empirical fact we have is that all objects
are in a state of relative motion.

> Relative motion between two objects A and B is the vector difference
of
> their vector components along the line joining A and B.
> >
> > [Punchline: I'm not arguing with you that everything is in a state
of
> > motion.
>
> Yes you are.
>
> >For every object, one can choose an inertial frame where that
> > object is in motion, and since all inertial frames are physically
> > equivalent, there is no object that can be said to be absolutely at
> > rest.
>
> Precisely....every objerct in the universe is in a state of absolute
motion.

> >However, is it your improper logical jump that everything is
> > therefore absolutely in motion. Rather, the proper statement is
that
> > there is *no such thing* as absolute motion or absolute rest.
>
> Sigh...if there is no absolute rest that means that all objects are
in a
> state of absolute motion.

Nope, it's not one or the other. Absolute rest is an ill-defined
concept.

> It is
> > simply not the case that every object in the universe MUST be
logically
> > categorizable as absolutely at rest or absolutely in motion. Your
> > logical misstep is based on this presupposition, which is in fact
> > wrong.]

> > motion
> > and

> > absolute
> > absolute

> > using
> > quote):
> > motion
> > joining
> > Now I
> > >
> > > You can determine the vector component of B's absolute motion
this
> > way. But
> > > you would not know the true magnitude of B's absolute motion.
> > >

> > OK, and here is where your computational weakness is showing
through.
> > First of all, your definition of observed relative motion is
incorrect.
> > If I have a passenger on Train A and a passenger on Train B, and
the
> > two trains are going in opposite directions at 45 mph each on
adjacent
> > tracks. At the moment where the two passengers are directly across
from
> > each other (at their point of closest approach), their relative
> > velocity with respect to each other is 90 mph. However, the
component
> > of their relative velocity along the line joining them is zero.
> > There are other problems as well, but let's take it one error at a
> > time.
>
> Sigh...you are using relative velocity as absolute motion!!! Relative
> velocity is the vector difference of their absolute motions along the
line
> joining the two trains.

Nope, I'm not! because that 45 mph statistic is with respect to the
tracks, which themselves are in motion with respect to the sun-earth
line, for example. Note that that 45 mph could have been with respect
to an observer rolling along at 15 mph, so that the trains would be
going 60 mph and 30 mph with respect to the track rails (I did not
specify in the original statement -- you assumed it). Nothing in the
above statement would change.

PD

From: kenseto on

> kenseto wrote:
> > "PD" <pdraper(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > <ewill(a)sirius.athghost7038suus.net>

> message

> universe
> > > is
> > > objects in
> > >
> > > Oh, come on. My coffee cup is not moving with respect to the table.
> >
> > But you can't use the table as reference for absolute motion (motion
> in
> > space). The table is in a state of absolute motion in space.
> Therefore your
> > coffee cup is also in a state of absolute motion in space.
>
> And you know this *how*? I am pointing out to you that it is easy to
> establish whether two objects are in relative motion, but I have no
> idea how you establish whether any single object is in absolute motion.
> What is your test for establishing that, other than saying "it just
> is"?

You need to do the experiment described in the following link to establish
the existence of absolute motion (page 3).
http://www.journaloftheoretics.com/Links/Papers/Seto.pdf

> > >And
> > > just because the *center* of the next galaxy happens to be moving
> with
> > > respect to the *center* of this galaxy does not mean that every
> star in
> > > that galaxy is moving with respect to our sun.
> >
> > You keep on using other objects as reference for absolute motion.
> This is
> > bogus. Absolute motion is not wrt any visible object.
>
> Then what IS absolute motion with respect to? If you say the E-matrix,
> then how do you KNOW that every visible object is in motion with
> respect to it?

Motion of an object in the E-Matrix is absolute motion. I know that every
object is in a state of absolute motion because no object is in a state of
absolute rest. Absolute motion will affect the rate of a clock and the
light path length of a rod. That's the reason for the observed time dilation
and rod contraction.

> > >I'll give you a simple
> > > example. I'm driving along a road at 20 mph and I throw my
> Mickey-D's
> > > French Fry wrapper backwards out the window at 20 mph. Is the
> wrapper
> > > moving or not, and with respect to what?
> >
> > Both you and the wrapper are in the same state of absolute motion
> before you
> > throw it. After you throw it (apply a force to it) the wrapper will
> have a
> > different state of absolute motion than you.
>
> Those are relative statements, note -- same state of motion, different
> state of motion. You keep using other objects as reference for absolute
> motion. This is bogus. (Quoting you, note.) What is the absolute motion
> of the wrapper?

Sigh....you have to do experiment in the rest frame of the wrapper to
determine its absolute motion.
Any object in your rest frame will have the same state of absolute motion as
you. I really don't know what is your problem with that statement.

> > > I'll give you another example. Suppose I look at the relative
> motion of
> > > all the dots painted onto a balloon that is inflating. But the
> balloon
> > > is also resting on the table, and one of the painted dots is
> precisely
> > > at the point of contact between the table and the inflating
> balloon.
> > > Note that, as the balloon inflates, ALL of the dots are in a state
> of
> > > relative motion, including the one at the point of contact. But if
> the
> > > table defined zero velocity, there is one dot that is not moving,
> even
> > > though it has the same relative motion status as all the other dots
> on
> > > the balloon.
> >
> > Sigh....same example as above. You use the table as reference for
> absolute
> > motion. This is a bogus assumption. The table is also in a state of
> absolute
> > motion.
>
> Yeah, but suppose that there is one object in the universe that has
> zero absolute motion.

So??

> > > It is simply NOT an empirical fact that everything is moving
> relative
> > > to everything else, and it is also thus an improper conclusion from
> > > that that everything is in a state of *absolute* motion.
> >
> > It is an emperical fact that everything is in a state of absolute
> motion.
>
> Reference please. The only empirical fact we have is that all objects
> are in a state of relative motion.

And relative motion between two objects is the vector difference of the
vector components their absolute motions along the line joining them.

> > Relative motion between two objects A and B is the vector difference
> of
> > their vector components along the line joining A and B.
> > >
> > > [Punchline: I'm not arguing with you that everything is in a state
> of
> > > motion.
> >
> > Yes you are.
> >
> > >For every object, one can choose an inertial frame where that
> > > object is in motion, and since all inertial frames are physically
> > > equivalent, there is no object that can be said to be absolutely at
> > > rest.
> >
> > Precisely....every objerct in the universe is in a state of absolute
> motion.
> >
> > >However, is it your improper logical jump that everything is
> > > therefore absolutely in motion. Rather, the proper statement is
> that
> > > there is *no such thing* as absolute motion or absolute rest.
> >
> > Sigh...if there is no absolute rest that means that all objects are
> in a
> > state of absolute motion.
>
> Nope, it's not one or the other. Absolute rest is an ill-defined
> concept.

It is only an ill-defined concept for a naive SR religious nut like you.

> > It is
> > > OK, and here is where your computational weakness is showing
> through.
> > > First of all, your definition of observed relative motion is
> incorrect.
> > > If I have a passenger on Train A and a passenger on Train B, and
> the
> > > two trains are going in opposite directions at 45 mph each on
> adjacent
> > > tracks. At the moment where the two passengers are directly across
> from
> > > each other (at their point of closest approach), their relative
> > > velocity with respect to each other is 90 mph. However, the
> component
> > > of their relative velocity along the line joining them is zero.
> > > There are other problems as well, but let's take it one error at a
> > > time.
> >
> > Sigh...you are using relative velocity as absolute motion!!! Relative
> > velocity is the vector difference of their absolute motions along the
> line
> > joining the two trains.
>
> Nope, I'm not! because that 45 mph statistic is with respect to the
> tracks,

Yes you are. You assumed that the track is in a state of absolute rest and
thus the 45 mph is absolute motion. The track is itself in a different state
of absolute motion than the trains and the treains are also in different
state of absolute motions.

>which themselves are in motion with respect to the sun-earth
> line, for example. Note that that 45 mph could have been with respect
> to an observer rolling along at 15 mph, so that the trains would be
> going 60 mph and 30 mph with respect to the track rails (I did not
> specify in the original statement -- you assumed it). Nothing in the
> above statement would change.

You are hopeless. You keep on using observed relative motion as reference
for absolute motion.

Ken Seto