From: Don in San Antonio on
I'm getting a new splash screen when Quicken 2010 opens. It comes
from a financial institution that will go unnamed for now. I've tried
renaming he splash.bmp file to xsplash.bmp, but every time I update
transactions, it downloads a new copy called splash.bmp. I tried
editing the quicken.ini file but the FI keeps modifying the ini file.
I'd like to get back to the default Quicken 2010 splash screen. How
do I modify the Quicken.ini to make this happen? I've done a search
of my hard drive and can't find the Quicken 2010 bmp file. Does it
exist, or is there a null value to put into the ini file? Any help
would be appreciated. This shouldn't be that hard. Below is a
extract of the Quicken.ini file in case it sheds more light on the
situation. TIA Don

[MarketingMessages]
SplashExpired=0
Splash=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data
\Intuit\Quicken\00823\SPLASH.BMP
BID=823
From: adwlogin on
adwlogin had written this in response to
http://www.rockryno.com/quicken/Splash-bmp-removal-21018-.htm :
Does the Financial Institution happen to be Chase? They have a bad habit
of doing that. If it is Chase, call them at 1-877-242-7372 and complain. I
think they can remove and suppress the intrusion.

Allan
-------------------------------------
Don in San Antonio wrote:

> I'm getting a new splash screen when Quicken 2010 opens. It comes
> from a financial institution that will go unnamed for now. I've tried
> renaming he splash.bmp file to xsplash.bmp, but every time I update
> transactions, it downloads a new copy called splash.bmp. I tried
> editing the quicken.ini file but the FI keeps modifying the ini file.
> I'd like to get back to the default Quicken 2010 splash screen. How
> do I modify the Quicken.ini to make this happen? I've done a search
> of my hard drive and can't find the Quicken 2010 bmp file. Does it
> exist, or is there a null value to put into the ini file? Any help
> would be appreciated. This shouldn't be that hard. Below is a
> extract of the Quicken.ini file in case it sheds more light on the
> situation. TIA Don

> [MarketingMessages]
> SplashExpired=0
> Splash=C:Documents and SettingsAll Users.WINDOWSApplication Data
> IntuitQuicken

Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/
Tax and Accounting Software Forums
alt.comp.software.financial.quicken - 20412 messages and counting!
From: Bruce. on
"Don in San Antonio" <don7(a)satx.rr.com> wrote in message
> I'm getting a new splash screen when Quicken 2010 opens. It comes
> from a financial institution that will go unnamed for now. I've tried
> renaming he splash.bmp file to xsplash.bmp, but every time I update
> transactions, it downloads a new copy called splash.bmp. I tried
> editing the quicken.ini file but the FI keeps modifying the ini file.
> I'd like to get back to the default Quicken 2010 splash screen. How
> do I modify the Quicken.ini to make this happen? I've done a search
> of my hard drive and can't find the Quicken 2010 bmp file. Does it
> exist, or is there a null value to put into the ini file? Any help
> would be appreciated. This shouldn't be that hard. Below is a
> extract of the Quicken.ini file in case it sheds more light on the
> situation. TIA Don

The original splash is internal to the program so there is no bmp. As
installed from Intuit the line reads:

Splash=

So no filename triggers the default. Try commenting out the line this way.
I hadn't noticed my spash screen had change from Chase Bank until I read
your message and checked.

;Splash=

That seems to be working here. I have done an online session with Chase and
the line is still commented out.

Bruce.

From: Don in San Antonio on
On Feb 1, 7:57 pm, "Bruce." <no...(a)example.net> wrote:
> "Don in San Antonio" <d...(a)satx.rr.com> wrote in messagenews:21fed618-2f1a-42e2-8fe3-2b154c829615(a)d27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com...
>
> > I'm getting a new splash screen when Quicken 2010 opens.  It comes
> > from a financial institution that will go unnamed for now.  I've tried
> > renaming he splash.bmp file to xsplash.bmp, but every time I update
> > transactions, it downloads a new copy called splash.bmp.  I tried
> > editing the quicken.ini file but the FI keeps modifying the ini file.
> > I'd like to get back to the default Quicken 2010 splash screen.  How
> > do I modify the Quicken.ini to make this happen?  I've done a search
> > of my hard drive and can't find the Quicken 2010 bmp file.  Does it
> > exist, or is there a null value to put into the ini file?  Any help
> > would be appreciated.  This shouldn't be that hard.  Below is a
> > extract of the Quicken.ini file in case it sheds more light on the
> > situation.  TIA Don
>
> The original splash is internal to the program so there is no bmp.  As
> installed from Intuit the line reads:
>
> Splash=
>
> So no filename triggers the default.  Try commenting out the line this way.
> I hadn't noticed my spash screen had change from Chase Bank until I read
> your message and checked.
>
> ;Splash=
>
> That seems to be working here.  I have done an online session with Chase and
> the line is still commented out.
>
> Bruce.

No luck. The next download from the FI downloaded the entire Splash=c:
\... line to my Quicken.ini file. Don
From: Don in San Antonio on
On Feb 1, 6:46 pm, Don in San Antonio <d...(a)satx.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm getting a new splash screen when Quicken 2010 opens.  It comes
> from a financial institution that will go unnamed for now.  I've tried
> renaming he splash.bmp file to xsplash.bmp, but every time I update
> transactions, it downloads a new copy called splash.bmp.  I tried
> editing the quicken.ini file but the FI keeps modifying the ini file.
> I'd like to get back to the default Quicken 2010 splash screen.  How
> do I modify the Quicken.ini to make this happen?  I've done a search
> of my hard drive and can't find the Quicken 2010 bmp file.  Does it
> exist, or is there a null value to put into the ini file?  Any help
> would be appreciated.  This shouldn't be that hard.  Below is a
> extract of the Quicken.ini file in case it sheds more light on the
> situation.  TIA Don
>
> [MarketingMessages]
> SplashExpired=0
> Splash=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data
> \Intuit\Quicken\00823\SPLASH.BMP
> BID=823

I sent them an email. I'll let you know what they say. Thanks for
the idea.