From: ChewyBass on
Even updating the MSXML 3.0 sp5 did not resolve the issue. After downloading
Update Rollup 1 for Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 and manually installing did
the issue resolve itself. I would recommend installing this update before
any, then install the remaining updates.

From: Ed on
Off topic - but bizarre. I have the same issue, same versions and the same
name!

From: Tim McGue on
Following the steps in this article resolved this issue for me:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798/

From: Ed on
Manually installing the Rollup update corrected the issue for me.

Ed

From: stickweldnow on

This did it for me:

http://castlecops.com/postt21678.html.