From: RodC on
I had the same issue, Error 0xC8000711. I had a PC that I set up for a DAW
and I had lots of services turned off, I activated many of them one at a time
when I turned on the Event Log the updates started working.

Settings->Control Pannel->Administrative Tools->Services
look for Event Log and make sure it is started and set to start automaticly.

From: jrc183 on
I also hae a handful of services turned off. I tried most of the other
suggestions on the other post with no luck. However by turning on just my
Event Log service the problem was solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Acctg_girl on
I had the same problem...just turning the event log on the update worked.
Thanks guys for all the postings...you were obviously much more helpful than
Microsoft!

"jrc183" wrote:

> I also hae a handful of services turned off. I tried most of the other
> suggestions on the other post with no luck. However by turning on just my
> Event Log service the problem was solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> "RodC" wrote:
>
> > I had the same issue, Error 0xC8000711. I had a PC that I set up for a DAW
> > and I had lots of services turned off, I activated many of them one at a time
> > when I turned on the Event Log the updates started working.
> >
> > Settings->Control Pannel->Administrative Tools->Services
> > look for Event Log and make sure it is started and set to start automaticly.
> >

> > "Ed Allen" wrote:
> >
> > > I still do not have a resouloution to the error message "Error number:
> > > 0xC8000711]
> > > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
> > > trying to view." I get this error immediately after launching the new update
> > > site and clicking Express or Custom.
> > > My system is Win 2k Pro, at SP4 Version 5.00.2195 The Browser is I/E6
> > > Version 6.0,2800.1106. I have upgraded to Script 5.06. My system has one
> > > account defined and that is the Administrator account. No work groups
> > > defined. I am not the only one with this problem as two suscribers joined me
> > > on my origional question submission. I am dead in the water with system
> > > upgrades and need some help. Thanks Ed Allen
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: DLL Trouble HELP!!
Next: Error Code: 0x80246005