From: Ed Allen on
I still do not have a resouloution to the error message "Error number:
0xC8000711]
The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are
trying to view." I get this error immediately after launching the new update
site and clicking Express or Custom.
My system is Win 2k Pro, at SP4 Version 5.00.2195 The Browser is I/E6
Version 6.0,2800.1106. I have upgraded to Script 5.06. My system has one
account defined and that is the Administrator account. No work groups
defined. I am not the only one with this problem as two suscribers joined me
on my origional question submission. I am dead in the water with system
upgrades and need some help. Thanks Ed Allen
From: Ed Allen on
Having finaly found out how to display the update log I found the following
error among the log for the install of the new update program.
===========
2005-06-25 14:08:06 872 664 Misc = Process: C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\iexplore.exe
2005-06-25 14:08:06 872 664 Misc = Module: C:\WINNT\system32\muweb.dll
2005-06-25 14:08:06 872 664 WUWeb FATAL: CreateObject for
Microsoft.Update.ServiceManager failed: error 0x800401f3
2005-06-25 14:08:45 872 664 Setup

I found a number of replies following a search for 0x800401f3. I ran
regsvr32 and updated the following .dll files wuapi.dll, wups.dll, wups.dll,
wuaueng.dll, MSXML3.dll. I then did a restart. None of this had any effect
on the problem. I don't know where to go with this, please help.
--
Ed Allen

From: -=calen=- on
I too have just encountered this on two of my servers and two of my
workstations. Odd that most other boxes are still fine.

It seems everyone is trying quite a variety of fixes yet no results.

Microsoft? Are you there?

From: -=calen=- on
I'm wondering if this is a .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 update issue? My Exchange
server is one of the servers exhibiting the "[Error number: 0x800700C1]"
page error when I try to return to the Microsoft Update site. In the app
logs for this server I am seeing Event ID: 358. I have Symantec Mail
Security installed on that server and the error states that the rapid
release updates could not be received due to an FTP failure.

When I try to open up the Symantec web admin interface from the console on
this server, this is the error:
Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800700c1'

Server.CreateObject Failed

/GuiHelper.asp, line 524

800700c1

So now am I not only prevented from further updating my server with Windows
patches, but my email virus scanner won't download or install definition
files.

Has anyone found fixes for the problem? Please hurry!

From: Ed Allen on
Calen I have been asking this question for a week with no answer. Check on
any other questions for this week, There are no answers just comments from
other customers. Looks like the MVPs from M'Soft are on strike. Good luck
--
Ed Allen

"-=calen=-" wrote:

> I'm wondering if this is a .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 update issue? My Exchange
> server is one of the servers exhibiting the "[Error number: 0x800700C1]"
> page error when I try to return to the Microsoft Update site. In the app
> logs for this server I am seeing Event ID: 358. I have Symantec Mail
> Security installed on that server and the error states that the rapid
> release updates could not be received due to an FTP failure.
>
> When I try to open up the Symantec web admin interface from the console on
> this server, this is the error:
> Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800700c1'
>
> Server.CreateObject Failed
>
> /GuiHelper.asp, line 524
>
> 800700c1
>
> So now am I not only prevented from further updating my server with Windows
> patches, but my email virus scanner won't download or install definition
> files.
>
> Has anyone found fixes for the problem? Please hurry!
>

> "-=calen=-" <cslezash(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I too have just encountered this on two of my servers and two of my
> >workstations. Odd that most other boxes are still fine.
> >
> > It seems everyone is trying quite a variety of fixes yet no results.
> >
> > Microsoft? Are you there?
> >

> > "Ed Allen" <eallen(a)anon.com> wrote in message
> >>I still do not have a resouloution to the error message "Error number:
> >> 0xC8000711]
> >> The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you
> >> are
> >> trying to view." I get this error immediately after launching the new
> >> update
> >> site and clicking Express or Custom.
> >> My system is Win 2k Pro, at SP4 Version 5.00.2195 The Browser is I/E6
> >> Version 6.0,2800.1106. I have upgraded to Script 5.06. My system has
> >> one
> >> account defined and that is the Administrator account. No work groups
> >> defined. I am not the only one with this problem as two suscribers
> >> joined me
> >> on my origional question submission. I am dead in the water with system
> >> upgrades and need some help. Thanks Ed Allen
> >

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: DLL Trouble HELP!!
Next: Error Code: 0x80246005