From: Savageduck on
On 2009-12-23 06:11:55 -0800, Allen <allent(a)austin.rr.com> said:

> Savageduck wrote:
>> Even though I lost the D300 I had a redundant backup system, so I have
>> been able to salvage most of the shots from my African trip.
>> It is good to be home. The return trip via Amsterdam, with bad European
>> and East coast weather was a nightmare. Each leg of the return was met
>> with a delay. I had a 39 hour day from Cape Town to SFO.
>>
>> African Wild dogs, fast moving, well camouflaged, and tough to shoot.
>> http://homepage.mac.com/lco/Sites/Wilddogs-2009-H2/index.html
>>
>> More cheetah,
>> http://homepage.mac.com/lco/Sites/Cheetah-2009-H1/index.html
>>
>> and Southern Masked Weaver, totally engaged in nest building.
>> http://homepage.mac.com/lco/Sites/Weaver/index.html
>>
>> Just a taste from a traveling amateur. I will be replacing the stolen
>> D300 with a D300s.
>>

> I thoroughly enjoyed your pictures, Savageduck. Too bad LOL wasn't
> along to get some cheetah pictures taken while he was running backward
> ahead of a whole pack of them, while eating a sandwich and talking on a
> cell phone and reading a book.
> Allen

Thanks,
I was expecting some sort of comment from him, since he has yet to
provide evidence he does little more than behave as a troll, I try to
take his existence in these NGs as a pothole in the internet highway.
One which can be avoided.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Savageduck on

From: Savageduck on

From: George Kerby on

On 12/23/09 2:55 AM, in article iul3j5pvv0j1ffku70m93cbm5q9h7epqet(a)4ax.com,
"LOL!" <lol(a)lol.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 19:47:56 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> Even though I lost the D300 I had a redundant backup system, so I have
>> been able to salvage most of the shots from my African trip.
>> It is good to be home. The return trip via Amsterdam, with bad European
>> and East coast weather was a nightmare. Each leg of the return was met
>> with a delay. I had a 39 hour day from Cape Town to SFO.
>>
>> African Wild dogs, fast moving, well camouflaged, and tough to shoot.
>> http://homepage.mac.com/lco/Sites/Wilddogs-2009-H2/index.html
>>

> Where's the hunt? Where's the kill? What's the matter? Didn't they allow
> you off of your cushy tourist bus long enough to follow them and capture
> them doing something interesting? Surely at 8fps you should have caught
> these common wild-dogs doing something more interesting than ambling about
> during their normal daily activities. Are you so lame that you couldn't
> spend the time to find them doing anything more interesting than sniffing
> each other's butts where the tour company drops off their daily treat? Just
> like any zoo animal performs for the tourist.

We all know that NO one can present anything that even approaches the
quality of your invisible captures. And that is the reason that we can't.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

From: George Kerby on

On 12/23/09 12:06 PM, in article
2009122310063177923-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> On 2009-12-23 06:11:55 -0800, Allen <allent(a)austin.rr.com> said:
>
>> Savageduck wrote:
>>> Even though I lost the D300 I had a redundant backup system, so I have
>>> been able to salvage most of the shots from my African trip.
>>> It is good to be home. The return trip via Amsterdam, with bad European
>>> and East coast weather was a nightmare. Each leg of the return was met
>>> with a delay. I had a 39 hour day from Cape Town to SFO.
>>>
>>> African Wild dogs, fast moving, well camouflaged, and tough to shoot.
>>> http://homepage.mac.com/lco/Sites/Wilddogs-2009-H2/index.html
>>>
>>> More cheetah,
>>> http://homepage.mac.com/lco/Sites/Cheetah-2009-H1/index.html
>>>
>>> and Southern Masked Weaver, totally engaged in nest building.
>>> http://homepage.mac.com/lco/Sites/Weaver/index.html
>>>
>>> Just a taste from a traveling amateur. I will be replacing the stolen
>>> D300 with a D300s.
>>>

>> I thoroughly enjoyed your pictures, Savageduck. Too bad LOL wasn't
>> along to get some cheetah pictures taken while he was running backward
>> ahead of a whole pack of them, while eating a sandwich and talking on a
>> cell phone and reading a book.
>> Allen
>
> Thanks,
> I was expecting some sort of comment from him, since he has yet to
> provide evidence he does little more than behave as a troll, I try to
> take his existence in these NGs as a pothole in the internet highway.
> One which can be avoided.
"Send" key stuck?