From: Mike Russell on
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 00:13:22 -0500, Peabody wrote:

> In article <ftavd51fqdkqv4ovm50rsooqohik9nq4l6(a)4ax.com>,
> minfo(a)myaddress.com says...
>
> > Don't think less of that camera because of cost. In the
> > hands of a talented photographer any camera can produce
> > excellent results. The Canon Powershots are not to be
> > taken lightly just because of cost.
>
> Well, in fact, overall I was very happy with the way things
> came out. Except for the very slight barrell distortion,
> the few problems I had were all operator error, and not the
> fault of the camera.
>
> I put the four final pictures on drop.io, and anyone here is
> welcome to look at them. Of course, not having seen the
> original paintings, you can't tell how accurate the colors
> are, but I thought they were right on the money, and more
> important, the artist agreed. The colors in three of the
> paintings are quite vivid, and that comes through in the
> pictures. As I recall, we did boost the contrast one notch
> in-camera on those to get it right. Other than lossless
> cropping, there was no post processing - well really, I
> don't know what more I would have done.
>
> http://drop.io/dvbpaintings

Gorgeous - thanks for sharing these.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
From: Bob Larter on
More Info wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:14:59 -0700, Mike Russell
> <groupsRE(a)MOVEcurvemeister.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 21 Oct 2009 21:40:33 -0500, More Info wrote:
>>
>>> Do you honestly think I'd let a useless troll like you enjoy my good
>>> photography? Or that I can somehow be manipulated by a loser like you into
>>> doing so? You're more stupid than I thought. Wow.
>>>
>>> Your lack of intellect duly noted. But then, we all already knew that now,
>>> didn't we. Even you.
>> Please forgive us if the fact that you *say* you won these awards, yet
>> choose to keep your identity secret, does undercut your credibility.
>
> Do you honestly think that I care one iota on whether or not you perceive a
> person credible?

Son, we might take you seriously if you start posting links to some
*real* photography. In the meantime, we'll just keep on laughing at you.

From: John McWilliams on
Savageduck wrote:
> On 2009-10-22 07:19:45 -0700, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com> said:

>> Nice job of upsetting the P&S Troll, Mr Duck. ;^)
>
> Thanks, just my contribution to shine a light on those with mental
> health issues.

All righty, then. Yes, he's reached foam again.

BUT:
How 'bout all of us taking a breather on this toad? By not replying to
any of his posts; by not talking any more about him- for one month.
You, me, Lionel, Mike, etc. all of us. And when he socks himself, or an
innocent party replies, we still keep mum.

--
john mcwilliams
From: Mike Russell on
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:05:26 -0700, John McWilliams wrote:

> Savageduck wrote:
>> On 2009-10-22 07:19:45 -0700, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com> said:
>
>>> Nice job of upsetting the P&S Troll, Mr Duck. ;^)
>>
>> Thanks, just my contribution to shine a light on those with mental
>> health issues.
>
> All righty, then. Yes, he's reached foam again.
>
> BUT:
> How 'bout all of us taking a breather on this toad? By not replying to
> any of his posts; by not talking any more about him- for one month.
> You, me, Lionel, Mike, etc. all of us. And when he socks himself, or an
> innocent party replies, we still keep mum.

This is an admirable goal that I will try to adhere to. The problem I have
is with net bullying. Staying quiet while watching one of these guys bully
a newbie is often more than I can put up with, and it seems to have gotten
worse in the last several months.
--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com
From: YAY! on
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 09:05:26 -0700, John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net>
wrote:

>Savageduck wrote:
>> On 2009-10-22 07:19:45 -0700, Bob Larter <bobbylarter(a)gmail.com> said:
>
>>> Nice job of upsetting the P&S Troll, Mr Duck. ;^)
>>
>> Thanks, just my contribution to shine a light on those with mental
>> health issues.
>
>All righty, then. Yes, he's reached foam again.
>
>BUT:
>How 'bout all of us taking a breather on this toad? By not replying to
>any of his posts; by not talking any more about him- for one month.
>You, me, Lionel, Mike, etc. all of us. And when he socks himself, or an
>innocent party replies, we still keep mum.

At long last, I will no longer have to be dragged into their
pretend-photographer trolls' world, by having to incessantly correct their
ignorant and inexperienced spewage of misinformation. I'll be able to state
the facts without wasting my time refuting their invented nonsense about
cameras and photography.

Nice of you to have a list of all your fellow resident-trolls' names
though, however you left off about 7 other well known resident-trolls. That
short list should however help naive newcomers weed out some of you more
easily.

Did you not know that Bob Larter, a.k.a. real name Lionel Lauer is a well
known troll on the internet? Even has his own dedicated newsgroup for it.
Nice of you to list him as one of your "friends". Guess what that makes all
of you? Google for Lionel Lauer, watch the thousands of hits and all the
damage he has done to every forum and news-group he's ever been in with all
the various aliases he uses.

Follow-up set so the net monitors can more easily keep track of you trolls.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: A3 Photo Printer choice.
Next: Jupiter