From: Ant on
On 8/3/2010 9:17 AM PT, Ed Light typed:

> Maybe these:
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007960%2050001459&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&SrchInDesc=survivor&Page=1&PageSize=100

Nice. Hmm, I hope it's not cheap plastic since the hole seems very thin
to break from wear and tear. That's what happened to my client's USB
drives. Too much stress on that hole and broke.
--
"Any spoke will lead the ant to the hub." --unknown
/\___/\ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
From: Ant on
On 8/3/2010 5:45 PM PT, Arno typed:

>> I have a client who is currently disappointed with his two last USB
>> flash drives/sticks that broke from their keychain holes due to heavy
>> keys. He uses them with his keychains and never remove them. I noticed
>> his keys are heavy (tilted when connected to USB ports) and gravity pull
>> them down if USB slots are high above ground/floor.
>
>> He asked me to find a stronger/durable one, but they seem to
>> difficult/hard to find. :( Do any strong/better ones (4+ GB) exist from
>> keychain abuses like from
>> http://www.salescircular.com/ca/computer/usbstp.shtml (weekly current
>> sales)?
>
>> Thank you in advance. :)
>
> SuperTalent "C" type (all Chrome) are very, very sturdy. Also
> nice and flat, I keep one in my wallet with a Knoppix DVD
> installation. Speed is not as good as claimed, 14MB/s read and
> 7 MB/s read, but if that is not an issue, I would recommend them.
>
> However this guy is also damaging the USB ports, not only the USB
> sticks. And they are typically far more expensive to replace.

Good point. I will tell him that.
--
"Although you're a little ant, I won't bully you." --Sai Yuk from The
Legend of Fong Sai Yuk movie (English subtitles)
From: Thomas R. Kettler on
In article <TOKdneOHo5TKlsTRnZ2dnUVZ_h-dnZ2d(a)earthlink.com>,
Ant <ant(a)zimage.comANT> wrote:

> On 8/3/2010 5:45 PM PT, Arno typed:
>
> >> I have a client who is currently disappointed with his two last USB
> >> flash drives/sticks that broke from their keychain holes due to heavy
> >> keys. He uses them with his keychains and never remove them. I noticed
> >> his keys are heavy (tilted when connected to USB ports) and gravity pull
> >> them down if USB slots are high above ground/floor.
> >
> >> He asked me to find a stronger/durable one, but they seem to
> >> difficult/hard to find. :( Do any strong/better ones (4+ GB) exist from
> >> keychain abuses like from
> >> http://www.salescircular.com/ca/computer/usbstp.shtml (weekly current
> >> sales)?
> >
> >> Thank you in advance. :)
> >
> > SuperTalent "C" type (all Chrome) are very, very sturdy. Also
> > nice and flat, I keep one in my wallet with a Knoppix DVD
> > installation. Speed is not as good as claimed, 14MB/s read and
> > 7 MB/s read, but if that is not an issue, I would recommend them.
> >
> > However this guy is also damaging the USB ports, not only the USB
> > sticks. And they are typically far more expensive to replace.
>
> Good point. I will tell him that.

I thought the same thing but did not know how much stress a USB port can
handle. Does anyone have the specs?
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.
From: Rod Speed on
Thomas R. Kettler wrote:
> In article <TOKdneOHo5TKlsTRnZ2dnUVZ_h-dnZ2d(a)earthlink.com>,
> Ant <ant(a)zimage.comANT> wrote:
>
>> On 8/3/2010 5:45 PM PT, Arno typed:

>>> SuperTalent "C" type (all Chrome) are very, very sturdy. Also
>>> nice and flat, I keep one in my wallet with a Knoppix DVD
>>> installation. Speed is not as good as claimed, 14MB/s read and
>>> 7 MB/s read, but if that is not an issue, I would recommend them.
>>>
>>> However this guy is also damaging the USB ports, not only the USB
>>> sticks. And they are typically far more expensive to replace.
>>
>> Good point. I will tell him that.
>
> I thought the same thing but did not know how much stress a USB port
> can handle. Does anyone have the specs?

There are no specs on that.

From: Harry on
On Aug 3, 2:55 am, Ant <a...(a)zimage.comANT> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have a client who is currently disappointed with his two last USB
> flash drives/sticks that broke from their keychain holes due to heavy
> keys. He uses them with his keychains and never remove them. I noticed
> his keys are heavy (tilted when connected to USB ports) and gravity pull
> them down if USB slots are high above ground/floor.
>
> He asked me to find a stronger/durable one, but they seem to
> difficult/hard to find. :( Do any strong/better ones (4+ GB) exist from
> keychain abuses like fromhttp://www.salescircular.com/ca/computer/usbstp.shtml(weekly current
> sales)?
>
> Thank you in advance. :)
> --
> "When the people look like ants -- PULL. When the ants look like people
> -- PRAY." --A skydiving quote
>     /\___/\         Phil./Ant @http://antfarm.ma.cx(Personal Web Site)
>    / /\ /\ \                Ant's Quality Foraged Links:http://aqfl.net
>      \ _ /        If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link.
>       ( )         If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed.
> Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer.

Try some of these here.

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/50-weirdest-usb-flash-drives-ever/

I'm sure the Bowling Ball USB is a strong one, if you can attach
your keys there.