From: Ant on
Hello.

I have a client who is currently disappointed with his two last USB
flash drives/sticks that broke from their keychain holes due to heavy
keys. He uses them with his keychains and never remove them. I noticed
his keys are heavy (tilted when connected to USB ports) and gravity pull
them down if USB slots are high above ground/floor.

He asked me to find a stronger/durable one, but they seem to
difficult/hard to find. :( Do any strong/better ones (4+ GB) exist from
keychain abuses like from
http://www.salescircular.com/ca/computer/usbstp.shtml (weekly current
sales)?

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"When the people look like ants -- PULL. When the ants look like people
-- PRAY." --A skydiving quote
From: Thomas R. Kettler on
In article <voGdnWbs5sIyesrRnZ2dnUVZ_gWdnZ2d(a)earthlink.com>,
Ant <ant(a)zimage.comANT> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have a client who is currently disappointed with his two last USB
> flash drives/sticks that broke from their keychain holes due to heavy
> keys. He uses them with his keychains and never remove them. I noticed
> his keys are heavy (tilted when connected to USB ports) and gravity pull
> them down if USB slots are high above ground/floor.
>
> He asked me to find a stronger/durable one, but they seem to
> difficult/hard to find. :( Do any strong/better ones (4+ GB) exist from
> keychain abuses like from
> http://www.salescircular.com/ca/computer/usbstp.shtml (weekly current
> sales)?
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

Why doesn't he put the drive on another keychain or wear it around his
neck instead?
--
Remove blown from email address to reply.
From: Ant on
On 8/3/2010 7:21 AM PT, Thomas R. Kettler typed:

> Why doesn't he put the drive on another keychain or wear it around his
> neck instead?

He doesn't want to have two chains. I even suggested just keeping them
in his wallets, but he keeps saying he will forget and lose it.
Basically tied to his keys, he won't forget.

--
"I got this aunt... Carpenter ant." --Girl and Crow
From: Arno on
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Ant <ant(a)zimage.comant> wrote:
> Hello.

> I have a client who is currently disappointed with his two last USB
> flash drives/sticks that broke from their keychain holes due to heavy
> keys. He uses them with his keychains and never remove them. I noticed
> his keys are heavy (tilted when connected to USB ports) and gravity pull
> them down if USB slots are high above ground/floor.

> He asked me to find a stronger/durable one, but they seem to
> difficult/hard to find. :( Do any strong/better ones (4+ GB) exist from
> keychain abuses like from
> http://www.salescircular.com/ca/computer/usbstp.shtml (weekly current
> sales)?

> Thank you in advance. :)

SuperTalent "C" type (all Chrome) are very, very sturdy. Also
nice and flat, I keep one in my wallet with a Knoppix DVD
installation. Speed is not as good as claimed, 14MB/s read and
7 MB/s read, but if that is not an issue, I would recommend them.

However this guy is also damaging the USB ports, not only the USB
sticks. And they are typically far more expensive to replace.

Arno
--
Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno(a)wagner.name
----
From: Ant on
On 8/3/2010 9:17 AM PT, Ed Light typed:

> Shirt pocket?

No pockets either unless it is with his keychains. ;)
--
"Did the ant fall off the toilet seat because she was pissed off?" --unknown